Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sebbo
    • May 2006

prefix tables

I imported my phpbb forum to vBulletin. Now I want to change server, but restoring backup cause problems. Some tables are named phpbb... and some are not. If I use prefix phpbb_ some table will come in and others not. How can I rename all those tables and why Impex imported also table names (phpbb), not just data? phpmyadmin could be the solution, but i can´t install it.
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

ImpEx dosn't do anything to the tables, just reads the data from them. If you have other tables other than phpBB_ then they are likely not to be the forum.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• sebbo
      • May 2006

That is not true. Half of my tables are not with phpbb_ prefix. I can see this when I take back up from my forum. I think that this will cause lot of problems. Maybe if i use impex, then it take just information from tables but that was what i did with my current forum. Some tables was renamed and some where not. So now i can´t upload my backup file to clean install. I hope that i could run that with my current forum, but i don´t want to try it before I really have to.

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by sebbo
        That is not true. Half of my tables are not with phpbb_ prefix. I can see this when I take back up from my forum. I think that this will cause lot of problems. Maybe if i use impex, then it take just information from tables but that was what i did with my current forum. Some tables was renamed and some where not. So now i can´t upload my backup file to clean install. I hope that i could run that with my current forum, but i don´t want to try it before I really have to.
        I wrote every line of SQL, code and 99.99% of the system code in ImpEx I can assure you it doesn't and can't change a source table name or source data, what your saying is incorrect.

You can run ImpEx with SELECT only (read only) from source and it will run.

There is no code or SQL any where in ImpEx that will alter a source database or data, its one of the 3 principles of ImpEx :

1) Protect the vBulletin data structure.
        2) Never alter or change source data.
        3) Import from differing forums into vBulletin.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...