• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fusionone
    • Mar 2006
    • 3.5.x

Lost connection to MySQL server - newthread.php

Hey everyone:

I've been experiencing this problem for a few days now. It seems that anytime I post a new thread it takes forever to post and ends up erroring with the message below:

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT text, languageid
    FROM phrase
    WHERE phrasetypeid = 2000
    AND varname = 'postthanks' AND languageid IN (-1, 0, 1);

MySQL Error : Lost connection to MySQL server during query Error Number : 2013
    Date : Thursday, May 11th 2006 @ 05:25:39 PM
    Script : http://www.***.com/forums/newthread.php
    Referrer : http://www.***.com/forums/newthread.php
    IP Address : ***
    Username : ***
    Classname : vb_database
    The thread still gets created, but some users don't know this and they try to create a thread again, making duplicates. I've tried to search here to no avail, but the problems that others have been having don't seem to link with this one. I've talked to my hosting provider and they say that everything is fine and dandy on their side (we'll just have to see about that). Any ideas?

PS: I know I know, Steve is probably going to reply to this post saying that it's a server issue and point me to this link but for some reason it has just been happening lately and I can't let go of blaming it on vB.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by fusionone
    PS: I know I know, Steve is probably going to reply to this post saying that it's a server issue and point me to this link but for some reason it has just been happening lately and I can't let go of blaming it on vB.
    Unless you've made changes to your vB code, why would you assume this is caused by a problem in vB? Particularly since it just started and is intermittent.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Please disable all of your addons and try reuloading the default vBulletin files.

This is a problem with one of your custom addons.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Dec 2000

Are you using MySQL 5.0.21, if so see

Its a bug within MySQL.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• fusionone
          • Mar 2006
          • 3.5.x

Found the problem

Arrgh, it was the Post Pinger (Ping Update Services) extension that was the culprit because it was trying to ping http://rpc.pingomatic.com, which was down for a while. Go figure. Thanks for the input everyone!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...