X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sasha7
    • May 2006
    • 3.5.x

Import logistics - what needs to be where

Before I drive myself insane trying to figure this out, what is my logical sequence of events?

I am importing from Snitz forums into VBulletin. I've uploaded VBulletin to my web host and it is working correctly. The VBulletin board will run on a MySQL databse on my web host which is already set up and ready to go.

I have an Access database that I use for Snitz. I've been able to migrate a test copy of that database into MS SQL on my local machine (the manual says that IMPEX can import Snitz from either MySQL or MS SQL).

My problem is that I cannot get MySQL working on my local machine. I can get MS SQL working so I'm going with that for testing. So, I'm worried that doing test migrations on my local machine won't work because I'm not migrating to a MySQL database.

How do I install a Development copy of VBulletin on my local machine?

Any direction here would be great.

Thanks!!!
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

If you want to install a development copy of vBulletin you are going to need to get MySQL running, is there any reason its not working?

Comment

• Sasha7
      • May 2006
      • 3.5.x

I can get the MySQL server running, but cannot get the the MySQL Adminstrator or Migration Toolkit to work. I've turned off the Windows Firewall, added the programs and port into Norton for exclusions, still cannot get either program to communicate with the MySQL server, and my questions at the MySQL forums go unanswered.

Comment

• Sasha7
        • May 2006
        • 3.5.x

Ok, I've finally got MySQL operational and did a test migration of an older copy of my Access database.

What are my next steps for installing a development copy of VBulletin and doing test imports? Do I just run the install into a temporary folder or send it into Program Files?

Comment

• Jerry
          • Dec 2002
          • 1.1.x

I can convert the access database to MySQL if you want.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...