X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • f0urtyfive
    • Nov 2002

Custom Avatar (possible) bug?

Hey...
    we recently switched from storing customavatars in the DB to storing customavatars in the file system... We've recently (since that) have started having problems with avatars that get uploaded not showing up. They exist in the file system, they show up in the users profile, but they dont show in threads. I was poking around in showthread.php to see if I could figure it out, and saw that theirs a few NOT ISNULL(customavatar.filedata)'s in there... I poked around a bit further, and noticed that all the users who's avatars could not be seen had the filedata set to NULL and everyone else's filedata was set to '' (empty string).
    Code:
    mysql> update customavatar set filedata = '';
    Query OK, 149 rows affected (0.03 sec)
    Rows matched: 5605  Changed: 149  Warnings: 0
    and now all the avatars work. Is this a bug in the code, or just an incorrect DB default left over from an old install? Should I just set it to default to '' instead of NULL in the database?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If this were a bug I imagine it would have been reported quite a few times by now. Unfortunately I have no idea what happened to cause this. Sorry.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • May 2000
      • 1.1.x

Was a bug fixed in a previous version so I assume you're out of date.

Comment

• f0urtyfive
        • Nov 2002

Freddie,

I believe it's running 3.5.2 (with appropriate security patches), I looked through the changelogs for those last few versions and didnt see anything that mentioned this type of bug. Perhaps you could point me to the version that seems to be missing?

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • May 2000
          • 1.1.x

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...