How can I remove columns from forumhome and forumdisplay?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • actolearn
    • Feb 2005

How can I remove columns from forumhome and forumdisplay?

Hello,

I am looking to

1. remove the Threads and Posts columns from the forumhome page and forumdisplay page
    2. put the forum description in the Last Post column (and rename it accordingly)

I tried making some edits in the forumhome and forumdisplay templates, but I wasn't able to get anything working. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Any insight is much appreciated.
    A revenue-sharing guitar learning community. Learn with us, and earn with us!
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> FORUMHOME

...and:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Display Templates -> FORUMDISPLAY

Remove the red code, add the blue code, make the change in green (to replace "Last Post" with "Description"):

Code:
    	<tr align="center">
    	  <td class="thead">&nbsp;</td>
    	  <td class="thead" width="100%" align="$stylevar[left]">$vbphrase[forum]</td>
    	  <td [color=blue]colspan="3"[/color] class="thead" width="175">[color=green]Description[/color]</td>
    	  [color=red]<td class="thead">$vbphrase[threads]</td>
    	  <td class="thead">$vbphrase[posts]</td>[/color]
    	  <if condition="$vboptions['showmoderatorcolumn']">
    	  <td class="thead">$vbphrase[moderator]</td>
    	  </if>
    	</tr>
    Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level1_post

...and:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

Remove the red code, add the blue code, make the change in green (to replace the last post info with the description):

Code:
    	<td [color=blue]colspan="3"[/color] class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">[color=green]$forum[description][/color]</td>
    	[color=red]<td class="alt1">$forum[threadcount]</td>
    	<td class="alt2">$forum[replycount]</td>[/color]
    	<if condition="$vboptions['showmoderatorcolumn']">
    	<td class="alt1"><div class="smallfont">$forum[moderators]&nbsp;</div></td>
    	</if>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...