• Show
Clear All
  • bashy
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

Moved hosts, now attacment issues

Hi peeps

I have just moved to a new host and now i cannot upload attacments
    and the attachments that are already in place i get this error on a white page

Code:
    [B]Warning[/B]: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/sites/bashys-place.com/public_html/attachments/9/3/1190.attach) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/bashy:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in [B]/attachment.php[/B] on line [B]168[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]: fopen(/home/sites/bashys-place.com/public_html/attachments/9/3/1190.attach): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in [B]/attachment.php[/B] on line [B]168[/B]
    Any ideas please?

Regards

Bashy
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

You need to chmod the public_html/attachments directory to 777.
    Are you sure you uploaded all the attachment correctly? They have been moved to the filesystem, out of the database it would appear..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• bashy
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.5.x

Hi have already done 777
      Also the files were moved to the file system about 2 months ago...

Bashy

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
      You need to chmod the public_html/attachments directory to 777.
      Are you sure you uploaded all the attachment correctly? They have been moved to the filesystem, out of the database it would appear..

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I don't believe you can use the file system storage option when you have open_basedir restrictions. You need to move these back to the database, or convince your host to remove these restrictions.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bashy
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.5.x

Hi Steve

I have done what you said, I have moved to the DB all was well, so i moved them back and now all is still OK

Thanks for ya help!!

Regards

Bashy

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I don't believe you can use the file system storage option when you have open_basedir restrictions. You need to move these back to the database, or convince your host to remove these restrictions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...