X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GGIII
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Login Bounce Issue -- Now I'm locked out, too

This is the same issue that was discussed about users being unable to log in. When you log in, it bounces you back to the login screen.

Well, it happened. I'm unable to access my VBulletin. At all. I can't login to the boards or the AdminCP. It just bounces me. I've tried the fixes suggested (cleared cache, cookies, checked Remember Me, checked that I was at WWW.Domain.COM not Domain.COM, etc.)

So... I'm locked out of my vB. We've been having this problem since day one of the 3.5 install but it finally struck someone truly important.

Any more ideas (since the old, now locked, thread provided me with no help?)

[Edit]
    Okay. None of my admins can log in. Not a single one. We are completely shut off from the boards and the admin CP.

We're completely shut out of our own system. I have members now IMing me asking why they can't stay logged in. This rapidly went from being a small problem to being a board-crippling issue. As of right now it seems noone is able to hold a login session.

Help? I'm getting closer and closer to that magic Delete button and doing a wipe... But... Wow... Do I NOT want to lose all my work, members, and posts! (I can't even do a backup...)
    Last edited by GGIII; Tue 28 Feb '06, 7:16pm.
  • GGIII
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

*Bump* Issue critical. Edited first post.

Comment

• GGIII
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

*Bump* We're just gonna wipe unless anyone has any better suggestions...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Very sorry for the delay is responding.

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• GGIII
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.5.x

Can do, Steve. Appreciate the help (you caught me about 4 hours before the wipe! Nice timing. )

[Edit]When I upload Tools.PHP it resets, oy? So, do I then delete Tools.PHP after the reset or leave it intact? Thanks! [/Edit]

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You delete tools.php after resetting the cookie domain and path.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• GGIII
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Very sorry for the delay is responding.

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
              I'm sorry for my naivite (sp? I'm at school... Brain = Fried) but how exactly do I go about this? New to using this tool, obviously.

Comment

• GGIII
                • Jan 2006
                • 3.5.x

If I'm only supposed to upload and delete it, it didn't work.

Course, I'm going to assume there's a step in-between?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

There are two links that will allow you to reset the cookie domain and folder inside of tools.php once you load it into your browser.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GGIII
                    If I'm only supposed to upload and delete it, it didn't work.

Course, I'm going to assume there's a step in-between?
                    Yes,

upload

browse to yoursite.com/forums/admincp/tools.php
                    Click resent buttons/links

Delete

Comment

• GGIII
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 3.5.x

Ah! See, that was the missing link! Haha.

Sorry mates for the trouble. Just got out of Calculus.... My brain = No longer with me.

Comment

• GGIII
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 3.5.x

Allrighty then! We are back online!

Appreciate the help, fellows!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Glad it worked.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...