How do users prevent showing "Last Activity"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helen
    • Oct 2005

How do users prevent showing "Last Activity"?

I had a member online today with 0 posts, he registered a few weeks ago.

However, today, when I noticed him online I looked at his profile which was showing the "Last Activity" as being the date he registered (he's not been online since then, except for today).

How has he managed to hide todays activity? (He didn't post anything, but other users with 0 posts come online, and their acitivity is still showing up).

Thanks.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

'Last Activity' is actually the next-to-last activity. I wish we would change the name of this since it is often misunderstood.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Helen
      • Oct 2005

ok, but he is still showing as "Last Activity" way back in january when he was online today.

I have double and triple checked other members who have 0 posts, who I know have been online a few times since registering, and their "Last Activity" shows up correctly (i.e. when they were last online).

How is he managing to hide that he was online today in the "Last Activity" section. (btw, he also runs a vbulletin forum, maybe he knows a trick for this that I don't)?
      Last edited by Helen; Sun 12 Feb '06, 12:14pm.

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        'Last Activity' is actually the next-to-last activity. I wish we would change the name of this since it is often misunderstood.
        Wouldn't it been good to change it to: Last Known Activiy?
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Helen
          ok, but he is still showing as "Last Activity" way back in january when he was online today.
          As I said:

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Helen
            • Oct 2005

Well then how come everyone else is showing up in "Last Activity" on the day they were online but NOT him?

I'm sorry, but maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough here.

1. Registered members with 0 posts come online. I check their "Last Acitivity", it tells me the day they were online.

2. Registered member with 0 posts comes online (exactly the same as above), but his "Last Activity" is showing as last month, on the day he registered.

I understand your "next-to-last activity" and agree it can be misunderstood, but it my case it doesn't answer my question, as everyone else is showing up exactly on the day they were online, except for him.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

You're right. I don't understand what you are saying. Either that or you don't understand what I'm saying.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Helen
                • Oct 2005

You're right. I don't understand what you are saying. Either that or you don't understand what I'm saying.
                LOL! Well, at least we both agree on that one then!

ok, I'll have a think and have another go later on!

Comment

• Helen
                  • Oct 2005

ok, I just "spoke" to the member, and I was told by him that he had visited the site a couple of times, but his last activity is not reflecting this.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

I don't know what to tell you. This has always worked for every version of vB that I've ever used. If you can verify this problem yourself on an unhacked copy of vB then feel free to report this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker here:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...