• Show
Clear All
  • Dirty Nappie
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

from invisionfree to vbulletin

I asked invisionfree how to do so they anwered:
    Hello,
    I would like to export my invisionfree forum' database to Vbulletin, How can I do so?
    Thanks

If you would prefer a raw dump of your forum's database, you need to purchase a Conversion, which will provide you with your forum's database in IPB 1.3 format. You could then convert this database to other formats. Follow the link for pricing. Import instructions that include a link to the data will be posted in this ticket after your conversion has been performed.

After purchasing a Conversion, if you'd like the database to be installed on your IPB 1.3 for you, InvisionFree can perform a Transfer, in which we restore the database to your new hosted board. The Transfer link shows pricing for this service.

Will this work for vbulletin too, i wouldn't want to loose the database i had over there!
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

We can convert your IPB 1.3 forum for free into vBulletin providing you with the impex script at no cost. We also provide free support to do so. You do not require to have the IPB files, only the 1.3 database.

What I gather from their convert page is that one requirement is "A new install of IPB version 1.3.x" which basicly means you have to buy a IPB 1.3 license? And then pay for the convert and then you can use that 1.3 database and impex to get your data into vbulletin.

You do not require that transfer that they are talking about. All they have to give you is the ipb13db.sql.tgz file.

Comment

• Dirty Nappie
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
      We can convert your IPB 1.3 forum for free into vBulletin providing you with the impex script at no cost. We also provide free support to do so. You do not require to have the IPB files, only the 1.3 database.

What I gather from their convert page is that one requirement is "A new install of IPB version 1.3.x" which basicly means you have to buy a IPB 1.3 license? And then pay for the convert and then you can use that 1.3 database and impex to get your data into vbulletin.

You do not require that transfer that they are talking about. All they have to give you is the ipb13db.sql.tgz file.
      thanks a lot, will ask them if i can buy that now!
      will let you know when i get a reply!

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

I hope that you can have a vb powered forum soon!

Comment

• Dirty Nappie
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.5.x

this is what i got as an answer:
          "the data is intended to be installed into a fully installed IPB.v1.3x. We do not support other conversions.It may be possible if vbulletin has an IPB.3 Data base schematic."
          So what do you think about it?
          My vbulletin board is already up and I hope something can be done!!

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

I guess IPS wants you to buy a license you won't be needing.
            You could perhaps ask a friend who runs 1.3 to do a fresh install of his license and export the database without content. If this is legal or not and breaks IPS copyright or license agreement is totally unknown to me; so make sure you check with them first.

Comment

• Dirty Nappie
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.5.x

what do they mean by if vbulletin has a IPB.3 data base schematic? an exmaple of an IPB data base?

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

I will write a default schema that will be able to receive the inserts of the dump.

Can you contact me via a support ticket.
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• yellow_spider
                  • Aug 2005

as far as i know (as i am awaiting my data now from invisionfree within the next week or two) ...

the transfer service is for them to extract and install your data on a ipb 1.3 board.

the conversion service provides the raw sql file for you to download. they will also give you a list of queries to run on it. i am not sure if the queries are needed to let it run on a standard ipb board or are there to remove leftover bits from the invision board. theres a link here with a sample of the instructions ... http://invisionfree.com/index.php?p=example if its any help to anyone.

as i also have a (legal and licenced before anyone asks) ipb licence (version 2.x though) i will be trying this to see what happens as i am not sure what the queries are for or whether they are needed to get the data right (for an install to anything) or whether they are only needed for an ipb install.

hope that makes some sense.

Comment

• Jerry
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 1.1.x

You get all the inserts for the SQL with the data, though you don't get the table schema, so either you need a IPB 1.3 board, or a generic schema that can accept all the SQL inserts.

Once I have some invisionfree SQL I will design a table schema to be able to accept the data, just to hold it till it can be imported.
                    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• yellow_spider
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Jerry
                      You get all the inserts for the SQL with the data, though you don't get the table schema, so either you need a IPB 1.3 board, or a generic schema that can accept all the SQL inserts.
                      i dont understand fully what you mean by this ? i understand that you say you need a temporary ipb board to run the queries but whats a generic schema ... can you uexplain a bit more please ?

i also heard (elsewhere) that you can import it (the standard invisionfree data) into a ipb board v2 temporarily and let it update it (then its in a standard ipb2 format) so then you could extract it and run impex on it. (as i said when my data arrives il see what i can do)

Originally posted by Jerry
                      Once I have some invisionfree SQL I will design a table schema to be able to accept the data, just to hold it till it can be imported.
                      can i be of any help with this by providing the (relatively small , 9000 posts , 95 members) database of my forum to you (the standard one as it is provided for download ... when they ever get around to doing it for me...*sigh*) ? im sure it would be great for others too if there was a direct invisionfree to vb conversion as well as the the ipb to vb
                      Last edited by yellow_spider; Sat 11 Feb '06, 3:01am.

Comment

• Dirty Nappie
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 3.5.x

hi all!
                        Sorry i had to leave a week, but am back now, i 'll contact you Jerry by support ticket so you tell me what you need from them etc..

thanks gang!

Comment

• Jerry
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 1.1.x

Tis fine, I'm not going any where
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...