Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shay6oon
    • Feb 2002

template.php problem

hi there , its the first time i have encountered this issue , im using vbulletin since 02 , and i didn't see this before.

the deal is , i installed a fresh copy of 3.5.3 , in a new reseller , just for my domain , hosted with HostGator, i was making modifications to the templates , and when i click save sometimes it won't save it just keeps trying to forever.. so i thought it was a problem with the webhost , i contacted their support and they didn't know what i was talking about , they didn't even tell me that the load is high. i was just opening up my new website , i left it at night running , and checked next morning to see whats up, so i find that my account suspended because of me using the server resources , using the script (admincp/template.php) , and they told me its a problem with script it self. so im trying to let them unsuspend my account so i can back up my work and then looking at another host. but im afraid that it will happen again. do you guys think that the script is faulty , honestly i installed a couple of plugins and products , but i didnt think that the problem is from them,

any feedback would be helpful , did any of you encounter this before , ? do you know how to solve this ? recommend another webhost ?
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

Not saying this is the case, but it might be caused by a badly formed conditional expression.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• shay6oon
      • Feb 2002

well maybe , but i don't think if that happen that the script will behave like this , is there anyway to fix this !

Comment

• shay6oon
        • Feb 2002

i have talked to the administrator , and he told me " I'd suggest inquiring to them and ask why the script in question would be running
        for a long period of time with high CPU usage and see if they have any insight. "

i deleted (admincp\template.php) and i would like a solution for this problem ..

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

There is no easy answer to this. Assuming you have not installed any hacks or plugins and you are running 3.5.3, then whatever changes you are making to the templates are causing this issue. The most likely cause is a server time and/or memory limit. To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 32 * 1024 * 1024);
          ini_set("max_execution_time", "480");
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• shay6oon
            • Feb 2002

actually i have installed some hacks and plugins, and im running 3.5.3 , but i dont know why a template change would make this huge load to the cpu , i was designing my forums when that happened. and i did the following code to the config file before the problem happened , and i guess it didn't work as you can see.

is there anyway to disable this , say if i make a change to the template and is not accepting it or so it will just give me an error , not load the cpu.

i don't know what to do now, im out of solutions.

thank you for replying steve.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Sorrry, I don't know waht else to suggest. The change you were making was so great that this outstripped the memory and/or time limit of PHP on this server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• shay6oon
                • Feb 2002

i wasn't making major changes , just a small change at a time ,

so steve this didn't happen to me before in pre 3.5.0 , is there a way to prevent it , or something i could tell my webhost to solve this.

im really confused.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

If you have not installed any plugins or hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem, including the exact change you are making so we can try to duplucate this problem

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...