Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LFonseca
    • Mar 2002

Latest version available: n/a Since U/G to 3.5.3

Admin CP takes a long time to load and I get that message since upgrading to version 3.5.3 (from 3.5.2). Used to work perfect everytime before that. Any ideas what could be wrong? Anyone else having this problem?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This means that your server is having a hard time reaching version.vbulletin.com for the latest version info.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• daveconz
      • Sep 2004

I've also been having this problem for a while now, and not just on 3.5.3. It used to happen occasionally but now it's all the time. The main page takes forever to load and I only ever see "Latest version available: N/A".

It's very frustrating that this prevents the rest of the page from loading. Perhaps it would be an idea to put the part which accesses version.vbulletin.com in an iframe?
      dave.co.nz

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

When you load the Admin CP, your vB contacts our server for the latest version info. What you describe happens when your server cannot access the vbulletin.com server. If you have made no changes to the original vBulletin Admin CP files (no hacks or modifications) then this is a routing problem on your server. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this from our end. You host will need to find out why your server has trouble accessing version.vbulletin.com.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• daveconz
          • Sep 2004

Thanks for the very fast reply. I will ask our server admin to look into it.

I have never made any hacks to the Admin CP files, but right now I'm considering it
          dave.co.nz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...