• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Murty
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.6.x

Need help with import etc

Hey,

I have just purchase vbulletin for myself, but i really dont know how to import my old forums into the new ones.

I have a website (www.youthwar.com) which is using 'phpbb2' at the moment. I want to import all the users, posts, topics and forums etc into my new vbulletin.

I have tried to follow the documentation provided, but i have come to a stop, an error has occured.

"There seems to have been a problem with the database.

ImpEx Database errormysql error: cannot use database vbulletin

mysql error: Access denied for user '########'@'localhost' to database 'vbulletin'

mysql error number: 1044

Date: Wednesday 04th of January 2006 03:07:27 AM"

It could just be a log on issue, but i do need help.

Thanks
  • Boxy
    • Oct 2002

The error suggests the database username you have entered in the the impexconfig.php file does not have the required permission to access the database.

Check the values you have entered in the impexconfig file are correct. If you are not sure what the username is or what permission they have you will need to contact your server host.

Please also see, this section of the manual which includes details of setting up new database users.

Comment

• Murty
      • Dec 2005
      • 3.6.x

Thanks for your reply,

I think i might not have the right settings and i cannot get hold of my server host at the moment. Can someone else with 'cpanel' help me find out how to do it please? Just like tell me where i can get the username and password and database etc

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...