Just upgraded to 3.5
    using default search method but dont see any similar threads

have turned on
    Show Similar Threads -> Yes
    Automatic Similar Thread Search -> Yes
    Similar Threads Relevance Threshold -> 3.5

Rebuild Similar Threads completed

still similar threads dont show

for example here is a forum with 8 threads - all have the word 'cancer' in the title

clicking on any of them, no similar threads are shown.

thanks
    ~ consciousness changes everything ~
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is almost certainly a problem with a customized template. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this styleand view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sst
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.5.x

Didnt work
      the only thing I did was change css colors

also now even though the vBulletin3 is selected to 'dont allow user selection' it is showing in the select box

also the other wierd thing from a previous post is that we have users/search for users/ list visitors in the last 24 hours - and u said this was a hack - but we never did any such hack

so I dont know why these things arent responding or if they are related somehow

please get us to hide the extra styles too now, along with showing the similar threads

thanks

Comment

• sst
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.x

hello?
        is there any way to get this similar threads to work?
        I havent heard back in over 24 hours

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Have you tried my suggestion in post #2? You should not have this problem on an unmodified vB.

If so, please provide a link to your forums and enable the original vB style.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• StGaensler
            • Jan 2005

Try this query:
            Code:
            SELECT `threadid` , `title` , `similar`
            FROM `thread`
            ORDER BY `similar` DESC
            and look, if there is something in the colum "similar". If yes, then look into the threads with the thread-id shown in the first colum.

The link above is wrong. Should be: http://www.vedicschool.com/ivi/forum...splay.php?f=44

Comment

• sst
              • Mar 2002
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Have you tried my suggestion in post #2? You should not have this problem on an unmodified vB.

If so, please provide a link to your forums and enable the original vB style.
              Yes I tried this, it didnt work. As u can see from my responses, I have no programming knowledge - so I couldnt hack this script. And I didnt hire anyone to hack either. U guys loaded the original version, I uploaded the upgrade with your assistance. That is all.

I enabled the vB 3.5 as the original style as per your request here - (or did u mean the vB2.x (I tried both but neither shows the similar links). The link is Now here are a few things about the forum - I replaced the colors in the gradient_tcat.gif, and tcat_square, and one other banner - they are still showing even in the original sytle.

Also I added a new banner across the top (replaced vBulletin2_logo.gif)

these are the changed I made to the software

Comment

• sst
                • Mar 2002
                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by StGaensler
                Try this query:
                Code:
                SELECT `threadid` , `title` , `similar`
                FROM `thread`
                ORDER BY `similar` DESC
                and look, if there is something in the colum "similar". If yes, then look into the threads with the thread-id shown in the first colum.
                Excuse my ignorance, but where do i do this search?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

If you have not installed any plugins or hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...