X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gasxtreme
    • Jul 2005
    • 3.6.x

Drop Down Menus

Hi, right now I am having a very strange problem. On my site, when you view some forums, or view some threads, the drop down menus (such as Forum Tools, Search This Forum, Thread Tools, etc.) don't work. It is very random, when you view some threads, the drop down menus work, on others, they don't. I did notice in IE, there is an error that the browser reports on the pages that the menus don't work on.

Here is the error:
    Line: 1522
    Char: 4
    Error: 'null' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.mysite.us/showthread.php?t=4091
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
    -steve
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is almost certainly a problem with a customized template. Try this. Create a new style and chose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gasxtreme
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.6.x

The default skin worked perfectly. All the dropdowns worked great Where do I go from here?

Thank You.
      -steve

Comment

• digidivakathy
        • Jul 2005

My admin panel shows I'm using the default style...and I'm having this problem also, so what could my problem be? I am also seeing an "Error on page" message at the bottom of the screen by the little IE icon. I did upgrade from vB 3.0.7 recently...is this part of the problem?

Comment

• digidivakathy
          • Jul 2005

and it worked fine until I started recopying the custom stuff from the other templates to the new style...am I going to have to completely start from scratch?

Comment

• digidivakathy
            • Jul 2005

Don't mean to hijack, but I did figure this out...

When I started copying over the new stuff, I was fine 'til I did the navbar template. So, I went and copied the code from the new navbar template and pasted it into the old theme that wasn't working correctly. Voila! It seems to be working fine so far. The particular threads that were not giving me the admin drop down box are doing so now.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• abufaisal
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by digidivakathy
              Don't mean to hijack, but I did figure this out...

When I started copying over the new stuff, I was fine 'til I did the navbar template. So, I went and copied the code from the new navbar template and pasted it into the old theme that wasn't working correctly. Voila! It seems to be working fine so far. The particular threads that were not giving me the admin drop down box are doing so now.

Hope this helps!
              Vbulletin Team

can this solve the problem? , could it be the answer? should I test it?

What are the consequences?

thanks digidivakathy I found your thread while searching

Comment

• theodonnells
                • Oct 2005

Only solution i could find was reverting the navbar!!!

Comment

• abufaisal
                  • Apr 2006

Thanks to digidivakathy

the error on page caused by JS was history after taking the original navbar form the default style do some miner decorations on it and worked fine

Thanks to everyone who tried to help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...