Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lonely
    • Dec 2001

problems with large attachments

okay, everything works fine with my attachments, except for a few really weird things:

1 - rebuild thumbnail attachments says i'm using safe mode, however safe mode is set to no in the server settings in the admincp. if i set safe mode to yes, the attachments stop working and i get an error trying to upload anything.

2 - i have set a maximum filesize of attachments to 5 megs.
    if people upload pictures that are over a couple hundred k (like a 500kb file), a link will be formed to their image instead of it just being displayed. this is incredibly annoying, and i wish i could figure out how to force it to display large images.

3 - the link that is formed doesn't work! it just says something like:
    The image “http://www.mysite/attachment.php?att...=1131767420” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
    if you right click and save the link, however, it works.

as it stands there is no way to view any attachments larger than like 200kb in the browser.

my question is how do you force these files to be displayed, and why am i getting an error when i try to click the link it creates?
  • andiez
    • Jan 2005

Could it be post_max_size in php.ini possibly?

Comment

• lonely
      • Dec 2001

hmm. how would i access that file on a linux server using plesk?

edit - i looked at phpinfo and it says post_max_size is set to 8M. is that too low?
      Last edited by lonely; Sat 12 Nov '05, 3:43am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...