Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinmanphp
    • Jul 2005

What's next for vBulletin??

So what's next in development for the vB Team??? Will there be work commencing on a vB 4.0?? I'd be interested in hearing the plans. Keep up the good work.
  • MGM
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.6.x

vB4.0 has been mentioned a few times, and I believe Kier also mentioned vB3.6 ... I know that they're also developing a blog, a cms, and a bug report system. There might be a few other things here and there that utilize their plugin system (to show off its powers)

MGM out

Comment

• Rolla
      • Jan 2005
      • 3.6.x

I've been told by my sources that they're building a giant robot capable of destroying cities but it will be used as a catapult to avoid traffic cameras in the UK or make 30 foot pancakes or something.But ofcourse, that's just what they say

Comment

• Mac Write
        • Oct 2001
        • 4.2.x

I am after a CMS (10+ copies as I can afford them), Blog (2 copies), Gallery (5 copies as I can afford them). Oh and I will only buy Jelsoft. Also a chat would also buy 2 copies.

Comment

• Creepshow
          • May 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by kevinmanphp
          So what's next in development for the vB Team??? Will there be work commencing on a vB 4.0?? I'd be interested in hearing the plans. Keep up the good work.
          Don't expect much of an answer, vBulletin staff are very vague about future versions of vB.
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

I would not mention anything big coming out? I would let my competitors keep on guessing.

Comment

• harmor
              • Aug 2003

maybe they're working on the drag and drop technology.

Comment

• Alteran Ancient
                • May 2005
                • 3.8.x

Mmmmmn. A blog. Sounds nice. It would be good if that was included in the vB License, instead of that silly IPB thing where you gotta buy it seperately; that sucked.
                -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
                This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

• MGM
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Alteran Ancient
                  Mmmmmn. A blog. Sounds nice. It would be good if that was included in the vB License, instead of that silly IPB thing where you gotta buy it seperately; that sucked.
                  I believe the blog will be free (these are just my assumptions, not the views of Jelsoft)... but the cms will more than likely not be. It is, after all, a completely different product.

MGM out

Comment

• kevinmanphp
                    • Jul 2005

Word on the street is the vB team is working on MICROPHONE SUPPORT!!! Speech recognition enabled vBulletin Forums are the future. No longer will your carpal tunnel act up from long posts. Speak to the new Jelsoft Plugin.

Comment

• Wisch
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kevinmanphp
                      Word on the street is the vB team is working on MICROPHONE SUPPORT!!! Speech recognition enabled vBulletin Forums are the future. No longer will your carpal tunnel act up from long posts. Speak to the new Jelsoft Plugin.
                      That would be amazing. Imagine how many posts would be able to be made without even pressing a button.

/me says "Post Reply!"

Comment

• KimmiKat
                        • Jul 2003

For the speech support, there would have to be some kind of keyword to keep the mboard from getting filled up when talking on the phone or over a beer.
                        Kim

Comment

• Colin F
                          • May 2004

Speech support is something that would be controlled by the browser and not by vBulletin
                          With the appropriate plugins/software, it's actually possible now already.
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• free thinker
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Wisch
                            That would be amazing. Imagine how many posts would be able to be made without even pressing a button.

/me says "Post Reply!"
                            Imagine ... the bandwidth !!!

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                              • May 2003
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by free thinker
                              Imagine ... the bandwidth !!!
                              And the network bottleneck of 200+ people jabbing through a shared 3mbit connection.

I'd take a CMS and blog (as long as it's truly xhtml <-- so not to spend eons stripping legacy code to have a forum that's doesn't have valign, <br>, presentation code all over the templates. Jelsoft, have someone delegated to just revamp the xhtml and get it up to snuff).

Chris
                              "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                              is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                              ~~~
                              Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...