Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Julio
    • Oct 2002

Post Icons / No Text Showing

I deleted the Post Icons, then physically moved the graphics via FTP from the icons folder.

Then, uploaded via AdminCP, three new ones. However, now the tittle does not shows up, next to the new icons when posting. Any ideas what is wrong?

I even deleted the default group and created a new one (diff name)
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I don't understand. Please provide a liink to this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Julio
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I don't understand. Please provide a liink to this problem.
      Steve:

If you create a new thread, under Post Icons, it will show the icons but not the tittles (text) next to them.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Sorry, I can discern anything in that pic.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Julio
          • Oct 2002

Steve:

I have found a solution, that may not be the best, but works perfectly for what I need. Works even better than expected.

Now.. question within this same issue. Since there is a limit as of to when a user/admin can edit a thread/post. If I add a post icon to the post/thread, depending on the edit time that has passed, the icon will be displayed under forumdisplay...

Is there anything I can do as an administrator to "rebuild" or make those post icons to show up even after that specified time has passed?

Also, how do I remove the post icon variable from showing up in the Last Post column under the main forum display?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Can you please explain exxactly what you are doing so I can try to duplicate this?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Julio
              • Oct 2002

Steve:

Let's forget about the main "issue". As stated, I found a solution for it.

The issue is... since I replaced the post icons, and started editing all my forums posts/threads to have them display the new post icons... Many of the threads did not have a post icon when created, so now that I am adding a post icon, I want that icon to be displayed in the Forumdisplay screen. BUT for some reason, the post icons only shows in newer threads/posts, (a few days), and not 1-2 weeks old or olders threads. Is there a way I can force VB to re-index or update this?
              Last edited by Julio; Mon 17 Oct '05, 4:51am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Please provide direct links to posts with this issue.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Julio
                  • Oct 2002

Steve:

In this photo.. the red column should show if there is post icon, when selected when the thread was created. In my case if I edit old threads, they will not show.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Julio
                      • Oct 2002

Username & Pass: test

You will see one post icon already showing up in the column they should appear... However, if I go into another thread, edit it, and choose a post icon... when you go back to the threads list, it will not show in the column.

Is there a way to force vb to "re-index" that column, or something?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

You need to upload an icon1.gif file.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Julio
                          • Oct 2002

OK - Uploaded a transparent image as icon1.gif. Now... if I edit the thread/post, and assign a new Post Icon, it will not show up... it will show icon1.gif

That is what I want to solve...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

I see blank post icons for icon1.gif now. Not sure what problem you mean.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Julio
                              • Oct 2002

Yes, they are showing icon1.gif which is a trasnparent GIF. However I want each thread to display the post icon I choose from the Post Icon menu. In case you have not noticed yet, I am using them as a "Rating" system.

So.. now it shows the defalut icon1.gif... I go and edit the post, and choose a different post icon... when you go back and refresh, you will still see the icon1.gif instead of the new one chosen in the Forumhome display. The correct post icon will show in the post screen though.

It will only show the specified icon, if it is a brand new post, and I just selected the icon I want. But if it is a post a few weeks/months old... it will not show the icon I (as administrator) just chose for it. Get it now?

Just in case....

Say.. you Start a new thread... you do not choose a post icon... system will use by default icon1.gif. Lets say a month a fter you started the post, I edit your post, and choose a specifi post icon for it, (say icon4.gif) once I click on Save Changes, and go back to the Threads list screen... it still shows icon1.gif instead of the new icon I just chose. That is my problem... I want the new icon to be displayed...
                              Last edited by Julio; Wed 19 Oct '05, 1:02pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...