Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • esllou
    • Feb 2005

since upgrading to 3.0.9, toolbar problems

I seem to be having a problem with the toolbar above the text box but only in Firefox and only since upgrading to 3.0.9.

In Internet Explorer, all the formatting icons seem to be there but with FF, the left align icon is missing and it mucks up all the icons that follow. So if you click the insert link image, it actually increases indent!

Anyone had a similar problem?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• esllou
      • Feb 2005

this is getting weirder and weirder

I have done a total re-installation of 3.0.9 and I am still getting some problems.

I get this across the blue box at the top:

Note also that thumbsup gif where it shouldn't be!!

and here is an example of another odd problem I am getting with images appearing where they shouldn't:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3055/20rx.gif

then I press refresh and I get this, as it should be:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9220/35xb.gif

what on earth is going on? My forum looks terrible in Firefox and seemingly great in IE.

I would appreciate others going there and seeing how good/bad it looks.

www.esl-lounge.com/forum/

thanks

Comment

• esllou
        • Feb 2005

any chance of a helping hand with this problem?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

You haven't stated yet if you've tried the suggestions in post #2.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• esllou
            • Feb 2005

well, that's why I did a total re-installation. Now, when I go to the style manager, can you just explain what I have to do as I have never used it before.

Create new style...then choose no parent, then??

I just created a new style and it wouldn't let me delete it, saying it was the last one users could use...even though the default style was still there.

all the images seem to be swapping around and yet when I do refresh, everything is fine. And in IE, it's fine. So it's not a "hard" error...just some odd browser freakiness to do with editor icons and smilies.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Add New Style

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• esllou
                • Feb 2005

Steve, I knew that. I just wanted to know how to create a basic no-frills style once I had selected:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Add New Style

my forum is currently full of this:

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

I thought you wanted help with a specific problem. That's why I said to reupload the original files and create a new styles with the default templates. We need to see if you have the same problem with the defaults. If not, then one of your changes is the cause.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• esllou
                    • Feb 2005

Steve, I went back to a basic style and that was the only one selected.

Problems remain. The images seem to be swapping with each other, especially on newreply.php page but not only.

Then I do a refresh and things go back to normal.

When I have a page on which some (not all) of the images are swapped around, I go to page source and in the html, all the image requests are perfect, yet other images are being loaded in their place.

any ideas?

I have a vanilla vBulletin 3.0.9 - no hacks at all. Only thing I have changed is the header and navbar with 2 little alterations I had on 3.0.7 for 6 months without a problem.

BTW, when will 3.5.0 be fully released and can we download it now?
                    Last edited by esllou; Mon 3 Oct '05, 7:23am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

If you have installed any Plugins, first disable these to see if you still have this problem.

If you have not installed any plugins or hacks (which includes portals), fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

vBulletin version 3.5.0 has been released and is now available. Please read this Announcement for details:

vBulletin 3.5.0 The vBulletin team is proud to present vBulletin 3.5.0 Gold. vBulletin 3.5.0 is now considered our stable and supported release, superceding the 3.0.x series. We now recommend that all customers upgrade to 3.5.0 to take advantage of the new features and improvements, although we will continue supporting

Please view the upgrade documentation here:

And here are detailed instructions for upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.5.0:

Upgrading vBulletin FAQ From time to time the vBulletin team will release new vBulletin updates, be it major or minor it is generally best to upgrade as soon as possible, regardless of any hacks you have installed. We tend to get a bunch of the same questions over and over so I am going to list them all out and explain them

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...