X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • optrex
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.6.x

MegaBBs Access to vB3.08 mySQL

I want to move my threads from my old forum (MegaBBS) to the new forum which is vB3.08.

The old database is MS Access the new one is mySQL (which is hosted for my and administered through webadmin.)

I am not worried about moving the users over as I have already done this and modified their post count manually. If it makes it any easier I would be happy just to dump all the threads into a forum called "old forum".

Can this be done and if so how (sorry but I will need a step by step guide as when it comes to databases I have no brain).

Thanks in advance
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

The MegaBBS importer is designed for MS-SQL or MySQL, currently no Access support, though if you want I can convert your access database to MySQL.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• optrex
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.6.x

yes please that might help
      will it enable me to get the stuff into 3.08 once its converted to mysql? would I just use the importer tool?
      - how do I proceed with this and how do I get the access db to you?

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by optrex
        will it enable me to get the stuff into 3.08 once its converted to mysql? would I just use the importer tool?
        Yes, once it is converted you can use impex.

Originally posted by optrex
        - how do I proceed with this and how do I get the access db to you?
        Host the database some where I can download it and PM me the url.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...