Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mfarmerhi
    • Mar 2003

Tricky Import from UBB to vB 3.0.7

I'm having a challenge importing a UBB copy to my vB 3.0.7 board. Ideally I'd like to import both posts and Members; at the least I need to import the Members.

The Problem:

The challenge is that the UBB board is not mine. It was a friends. I asked him to run off a backup copy of his board. He's supplied me with the copies -- mostly cgi files.

I don't know anything about UBB, nor do I own a copy of it. I've been unsuccessful in re-installing his board on my server to import from that and do not want to purchase a new UBB license only for the import (his license is expired).

Help Me with This:

The cgi files, specificially the member's cgi files all have the data intact -- user name, password, email, etc.

Is there any way to directly import to vB from the cgi files?

Any other ways to import this data to my vB board?
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Use the normal ImpEx ubb_classic importer it reads the source files, it dosn't need the actual board to be installed and running, just the source data.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• mfarmerhi
      • Mar 2003

Oh hallelujah... (runs off to try it)

Comment

• mfarmerhi
        • Mar 2003

Jerry, just double checking (either I'm a little dense reading the instructions or I wish the instructions for importing from sources other than a database were more complete)

I should leave sourceexists as "false" (because the data is coming only from the source files) and then the script will ask for the path to the files when it runs?

Is that correct?

Comment

• Jerry
          • Dec 2002
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by mfarmerhi
          I should leave sourceexists as "false" (because the data is coming only from the source files) and then the script will ask for the path to the files when it runs?

Is that correct?
          Yes, thats correct.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...