X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris@TSE
    • Jul 2005

AdminCP is loading wrong, Please Help!

Alright... I need some help here.

I installed a simple mod\hack that altered one line in install.php. I even saved the old one. My AdminCP now does not load correctly. Everything loads on the side option-wise but the BODY will not load in internet explorer. If I try it in firebox, same thing, but the body WILL load in another pop-up window.

Can anyone fix this for me? Thanks so much.
    Chris Johnson
    Top Shelf Exotics
    LeoMorphs.com
    TSE Hosting
  • Chris@TSE
    • Jul 2005

more specifically...

when i try to load acp nothing is in the body, the links load to the side. if i right click and open them in another window they will open but if i try to use it as normal, click and option, and have it load in the acp body like it is supposed too IE reports the following error:

Line: 32
    Char: 3
    Error: 'parent.frames.main' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://forumdirectory/admincpdirectory/index.php?do=nav

when i load the admincp thru firefox i get no errors, but when you click on the links from the left it pops up new windows.... instead of loading it in the main page.

i have not installed any other hacks today. this is the only hack that could have caused this, it was working fine before.

i removed the portions of that hack, it was very simple. it was a change to a language phrase and one line in admincps index.php.

i even reverted back to the stock index.php, same problem

cleared cookies and came back an hour to the same issue.

in fact i still have a admincp window open from BEFORE the hack that is working correctly that I am afraid to close! LOL

PLEASE help me fix this, it is quite disturbing.
    Chris Johnson
    Top Shelf Exotics
    LeoMorphs.com
    TSE Hosting

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Have you tried reuploading the original vB files?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Chris@TSE
        • Jul 2005

yes, I installed the original admincp index php file and it did the same thing. anything stock I had changed I put back and it still did it, even after clearing history and cookies.....

Im still having this problem, and I posted an updated 'help' thread with screenshots and code here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150815
        Chris Johnson
        Top Shelf Exotics
        LeoMorphs.com
        TSE Hosting

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

And please do not double-post. Thank you.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...