Considering Swapping From UBB Threads

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smoknz28
    • Jul 2005

Ahhh....I think I just got there in the directions. Just set the fields in the config.php and that should do it.

Trying to get tech support on the hook on this one.... The directions to me seem a little confusing on this note:

"Note:
    Installing ImpEx in vBulletin requires the impex/ directory to be installed in the same directory as admincp and the file cpnav_impex.xml (which can be found in upload/includes/xml) to be placed in the admincp/includes/xml directory. This because the admincp is generated from XML and needs the ImpEx XML to display the import option."

My v3.5 didn't have this admincp/includes/xml directory. I do have the admincp/ directory....but the includes/xml directory is outside the admincp/ directory.

Hmm.... Maybe I'm misreading this....

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

Impex and the vBulletin 3.5 installation files are in two seperate downloads. You need to download both of them
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• smoknz28
        • Jul 2005

Been there done that....

I actually have Tech Support assisting. There so far has been one typo in the instructions we've pinpointed. And I believe I may have found another error in the instructions that Jerry is checking on.

Hopefully I can get through this with not much more issues....

Comment

• Pasqualis
          • Apr 2004
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by smoknz28
          There so far has been one typo in the instructions we've pinpointed. And I believe I may have found another error in the instructions that Jerry is checking on.
          Hmmm, I will do my upgrade probably tomorrow. Anything I should be aware of? ?

Comment

• smoknz28
            • Jul 2005

Pasqualis....

Yes, I'm helping with some errors in the installation documentation and errors in the Impex download files. Jerry just updated the Impex archived file as there was a bug in "db_mysql.php".

Still working through some issues with them as I type this. I'll update this thread once I get through it all. I won't leave ya hanging.... But I'd advise that you don't download the Impex archive yet and don't bother with doing the upgrade until after I post up with results...

Comment

• Pasqualis
              • Apr 2004
              • 3.6.x

Well, I can ofcourse still use the old impex to convert ubb6.5 to vbulletin 3.09 and upgrade my board from there to 3.5.0

I'll keep an eye on this thread for the results

Comment

• smoknz28
                • Jul 2005

Sounds good....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...