X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theArchitect
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

Drop Down Menus

I am getting an intermittent problem with Drop Down menus (so this one will probably be a nightmare to fix).

Basically the drop downs work some of the time. And then I will go to another page and they won't work. I number of my users who are using different system/browser configurations are getting the same problem.

Any thoughts?
  • Mr_Butter
    • Apr 2005

you're cleared your cache?

Comment

• theArchitect
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.6.x

Thanks, I have just tried that and it seems to be working fine. But given that the problem is an intermittent one it is hard to track. Only time will tell.

Comment

• theArchitect
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.6.x

Nope. Just got the problem agin. So I navigated to a new page and it was working fine again. Very frustrating.

Comment

• theArchitect
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.6.x

Sorry to be bumping this in less than 12 hours, but I haven't yet got a solution and it does need fixing.

A lot of my members (on a wide range of browsers from Mozilla to IE) are unable to use the drop down menus when in a thread view or in their control panel. But the menus always work when on the forum home page.

Comment

• Colin F
            • May 2004

Add a new style, with no parent. This will force it to use the default templates. See if this problem occurs then as well.

You might also want to reupload the original files in the /clientscript/ directory.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• theArchitect
              • Sep 2004
              • 3.6.x

Well, that seems to have fixed the problem. Now all I need to do is to go through each template change and workout which one is failing the system.

Comment

• southernlady
                • May 2005
                • 4.0.x

Check your plugins, if you have any...if ANY are on the nav bar...get them off there. That's what is screwing with the WYSIWYG AJAX program!!!

I had to put mine elsewhere. Liz
                Secret City Designs

Comment

• theArchitect
                  • Sep 2004
                  • 3.6.x

Yep. It was a nav bar issue. Though, interestingly enough it was not a plug-in that was causing it. But another hack of the nav bar which I had accidentally carried over from 3.0.6.

Comment

• [[LuCkY]]
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by theArchitect
                    Yep. It was a nav bar issue. Though, interestingly enough it was not a plug-in that was causing it. But another hack of the nav bar which I had accidentally carried over from 3.0.6.
                    Well, I tried checking around, because there were a couple of leftover hacks from the upgrade (advanced warning hack and ipinfo hack) and removing both didn't help..

Comment

• Sticker
                      • Aug 2002

I've realized that in my current style that whenever a post is more than one page, that any dropdown menus will not work. Works fine in the default style, just not my edited one, also quick edit doesn't work with my style either. Guess I'll just have to wait for them to update the style, or is there any templates I'd have to edit to make the drop down menus work?

My quick reply box is also gone too, if anyone knows how I'd fix this, it'd be awsome!

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Sticker, you are onto something. I've been trying to figure this out also. My drop-downs work on my forumhome page, but if I go into a forum that has several pages of threads, they don't work. If I open a thread with only a single page of replies, the drop-downs work. If I open a thread with multiple pages of replies, the drop-downs don't work.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...