• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southernlady
    • May 2005
    • 4.0.x

I'm having a problem with the thread tools

And I don't know if it's a bug...

But if the thread gets long enough, the thread tools stop working. I'm not sure what qualifies as long enough but it stops.

What I get is at the bottom in the task bar is the address telling me where it should be going, instead of the actually drop down menu. It's like the java script has taken a hike.

But on the short threads, it still works fine.

But it's keeping me from being able to completely use the tools like I am suppose to be. Liz
    Secret City Designs
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

How many posts are you displaying per page? Are you waiting for the page to completely load first?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• southernlady
      • May 2005
      • 4.0.x

10, and yes....cause it's not giving me the *let me finishing loading first, please* message* which I have seen. But it's just not working at all. I have another admin as member and I asked her to be a temp moderator to verify the problem. Liz
      Secret City Designs

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• southernlady
          • May 2005
          • 4.0.x

It sounds like I'm having some of the same problem as Tailfeathers (NOT all of it but some) reported here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...view&bugid=188 Liz
          Secret City Designs

Comment

• southernlady
            • May 2005
            • 4.0.x

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
            Okay, I still have the same issue and the only theme on there right now is the default. My board is an open one, running beta 2 if you would like to see what I mean. Even the search and other minor thread tools don't work on the longer threads. (those exceeding 10 posts) and I have sections open to guests posting. Liz
            Secret City Designs

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Have you tried a diffferent browser?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• southernlady
                • May 2005
                • 4.0.x

Yes, I have and even a different computer (we have 4 in the house). Let me try the linux computer now. Liz
                Secret City Designs

Comment

• southernlady
                  • May 2005
                  • 4.0.x

Tried on a third computer with fedora 4 and it's broken there too. Liz
                  Secret City Designs

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

If this is happening with the original files and templates then it may be a bug. I would followup on that bug report.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Rodney B
                      • Jan 2005
                      • 3.7.x

I"m having the same problem described in this thread and in this bug report:

Can anybody tell me what I should look for in my custom template to double check to make sure it's there so that the thread tools, search this thread, moderate this thread, click on username, functions will work.

It's weird that it will work on a thread with only a few posts, but not on a thread that spans more than one page.

It's almost as if the required javascript is gone if the thread listings or number of posts span more than one page.

Can someone tell me what javascript to add back in to the template (and where) so that it shows up on multiple page threads (and forums with multiple pages of thread listings)

Comment

• Rodney B
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 3.7.x

Found the answer in the last post in this thread:
                        Hi, I have two problems I need help with. First... In some threads, not all just some, Thread Tools will not work. No matter how much you click on it the drop down menu won't drop down so you can use the tools. I have noticed that it happens a lot on threads I create as an admin but it also happens on other threads as well.

Maybe that fix could be added as a sticky since it seems to come up frequently.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

So you added a hack and things stoped working?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...