importing phpbb2 into 3.0.7 with previous phpbb2 import now a huge mess HELP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrLexusLover
    • Mar 2005

importing phpbb2 into 3.0.7 with previous phpbb2 import now a huge mess HELP

URL: www.LexusLovers.com/forums <~~View it to see the problem(s)

The Before:
    I use to run phpbb 2.0.11 highly modified. In the process of adding more tweaks/hacks the forum messed up and I ended up loosing my forum and I had to start over. Thankfully I had the database mysql backup file which had about 10,000 posts and 2K of threads that I wanted to import into a fresh phpbb. Simple right? Make a clean new PHPBB install upload the backup file (restore database) and viola? NO! Didn't work as you know.
    I tried many times but it kept timing out. PHPBB support said it was probably due to my host due to bandwidth over the web. I spoke with my host and they do not have a cap. So the backup never worked. I started all over again with a fresh phpbb and used it for about 6 months. Then I got sick of PHPBB and wanted VB because of all the errors and lack of control phpbb provides. I got fedup and FINALLY switched to vbulletin (Should have long time ago).

During:

I only imported the NEW phpbb2 database info with impex into vb.
    I wanted to import the #2 phpbb file into vb (I run 3.0.7) because I was not sure if you could merge phpbb forums into a single vbulletin forum. I did some research and was told from a VBulletin rep (Steve Machol, I believe) that you could import 2x into vb and I'd get all my phpbb into vb! That was my dream!

The after:

As I said above I had NO ISSUES with my vb imported with my #2 phpbb info but always wanted to "hopefully" import the data from the #1 phpbb that I was unsucessful to import into my #2 (yes second) phpbb forum.
    I bought VB and imported the newer #2 phpbb info and all has been well.

Well this morning I got stupid and created another PHPBB forum (fresh) and sent the phpbb backup file to the server through putty. The info showed up on the index but all the threads redirected and were not functioning properly See here www.LexusLovers.com/phpbb2

I tried to import but it showed the previous info from my original import. I uploaded a new impexconfig file with the new source database info that i wanted to pull from (where I uploaded the mysql file)

In the middle of updating I get a white screen error!

I got this blue message saying I can delete and start the session over. So I say oh ok, I'll just do that. It will revert it great! I deleted EVERYTHING I've imporeted inlcluding myself!!!

I try to log back in and It says my password is invalid! I say ugh oh!
    I go to the index and oh man I lost everything prior to the install of vb on 3/16!!!

I click on my usernames ID=1 and ID=3
    Invalid User specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I do now? I do not exist and I am the Site Admin! I tried my other account (full admin as well) and it doesnt exist either! Only the users that were created AFTER I installed vb are there!

Sorry about the extremely long post. I am just trying to be as descriptive and helpful as possible.I'm so confused. What should I do? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance!!!!!
    Last edited by MrLexusLover; Sat 18 Jun '05, 12:21am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I wish I could help but I honestly could not follow what you did or were trying to do. Can you try simplifying this a bit?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MrLexusLover
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I wish I could help but I honestly could not follow what you did or were trying to do. Can you try simplifying this a bit?
      Ok...sorry this is a complicated issue!..

I bought vbulletin (3.0.7) and Date of install was 3/17/05.

UPON INSTALL OF VB I imported data from my phpbb2 forums.

I tried to import ANOTHER phpbb forum's data into my CURRENT vb forum (which has imported phpbb data on date of install 3/17)

When I imported AGAIN (last night) VB went nuts w/ white page errors.

Then I hit <-- back and it I got a blue screen stating:
      I could delete the session and start over (SO I DID) (yes i know stupid, I panicked!)

Now vbulletin is totally messed up, erroring like crazy and all my old users who were IMPORTED(pre 3/17/05 data) INCL MY ADMINISTRATOR/WEBMASTER accounts are NON EXISTANT/DELETED so I cant get into my ADMINCP! What do I do for here?

I DID DO A BACKUP OF THE VBULLETIN FORUMS LAST NIGHT PRIOR TO THIS!

THERE A WAY TO UPLOAD THE vbulletin backupFILE (forumbackup-06-18-2005.sql) AND GO BACK??? I can't get into my admincp. HELP!!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Restore the backup you made. The only reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

Restore:

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MrLexusLover
          • Mar 2005

Restore the backup you made. The only reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

Restore:
          http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore
          OK thank you!

can you clarify a ? for me. IS IT possible to IMPORT from a phpbb forum that I only have the back up file (I deleted the database) ??

What I tried to do was, install a brand new phpbb, upload my backup from phpbb into it (via SSH) and then IMPORT into my vb forum (which already has phpbb data imported into it.

Thanks for your help so far!!

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

No. You need to have a database in order to import. You will need to restore the phpBB database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

I've explained here how to do more than one import :

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• MrLexusLover
                • Mar 2005

Restore:
                http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore
                I did that and many of the threads are EMPTY. Also all the imported users from phpbb are not here. How can I reimport if i cant even get into admincp?

I'm going nuts..my site has been down for days im ready to just give up

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

If you have re-run an import with out clearing out the old import id's then the re-run of the modules would of deleted the originally imported data.

You will have to restore from a back up prior to the 2nd import and follow the instructions in the link I posted.

You must remove the import id's between imports as impex doesn't know what its imported and what it hasn't otherwise.

can you clarify a ? for me. IS IT possible to IMPORT from a phpbb forum that I only have the back up file (I deleted the database) ??
                  Is the backup file the database backup or the phpBB scripts ?

I DID DO A BACKUP OF THE VBULLETIN FORUMS LAST NIGHT PRIOR TO THIS!

Then revert to that backup and remove the import id's and the session, back up again, then do the 2nd import.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• MrLexusLover
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jerry

Then revert to that backup and remove the import id's and the session, back up again, then do the 2nd import.
                    You guys aren't getting the major problem. As you said above when you delete the import session vbulletin loses it. WELL I STARTED WITH PHPBB SO IT LOST ALL MY MODS AND MY TWO ADMINS! I can't log into my admincp. Restorting via ssh only restores data AFTER the import from phpbb. Does this make sense? is this normal?

Comment

• Jerry
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by MrLexusLover
                      You guys aren't getting the major problem. As you said above when you delete the import session vbulletin loses it. WELL I STARTED WITH PHPBB SO IT LOST ALL MY MODS AND MY TWO ADMINS! I can't log into my admincp. Restorting via ssh only restores data AFTER the import from phpbb. Does this make sense? is this normal?
                      No it dosn't make sense and isn't normal at all !

If you have the backups of the two phpBB databases and you want to import them into one vBulletin board, then import phpBB #1, remove the importid's and the session, then do the same process to import the #2 phpBB board.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• MrLexusLover
                        • Mar 2005

No it dosn't make sense and isn't normal at all !

If you have the backups of the two phpBB databases and you want to import them into one vBulletin board, then import phpBB #1, remove the importid's and the session, then do the same process to import the #2 phpBB board.
                        That's what I did and the board went wacky! I lost all of the import from #1 and locked myself out

Comment

• Jerry
                          • Dec 2002
                          • 1.1.x

That's what I did and the board went wacky! I lost all of the import from #1 and locked myself out
                          I can't see how that can happen, if you are removing the session AND the import ids it dosn't remove any data, if you are removing the session AND all imported data then that would happen.

I try to explain how to do consecutive imports here :

I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• MrLexusLover
                            • Mar 2005

I can't see how that can happen, if you are removing the session AND the import ids it dosn't remove any data, if you are removing the session AND all imported data then that would happen.

I try to explain how to do consecutive imports here :

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...35&postcount=2
                            Perhaps this error message will help you.

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Invalid SQL:
                            INSERT INTO post
                            (threadid, parentid, title, username, userid, dateline, pagetext, allowsmilie,
                            showsignature, ipaddress, iconid, visible, attach)
                            VALUES
                            (1538, , '',
                            'Sosa', 244, 1119445475,
                            'What\'s wrong? This thing is acting weird is hell...', 1, 0,
                            '63.231.149.202', 0, 1, 0)

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '',
                            'Sosa', 244, 1119445475,
                            'What\'s wrong? This th

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Wednesday 22nd of June 2005 09:04:35 AM
                            Script: http://lexuslovers.com/forums/newreply.php
                            Referer: http://lexuslovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1538 (links are down because renamed to ONHOLDforums)

Comment

• Jerry
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 1.1.x

Perhaps this error message will help you.
                              .......SQL .......
                              Is that a new error ? I've not seen that one before.
                              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...