X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iserna
    • Jun 2002

vbulletin 3.5 and ASP integration

Hi:

My Website is in ASP and MS SQL Server but the forum it's vbulletin. I would like the users of my website be able to register on my website using an ASP form but making at the same time a registry on the Vb forum.

Is it possible ? what about the new data manager in VB 3.5 ?

Thanks!
  • DelphiVillage
    • Apr 2002
    • 4.1.x

no impossible vbulletin uses PHP and i don't see any good reason why jelsoft should change that as for the form that uses asp you could ask over at vbulletin.org for help with that

Comment

• nexialys
      • May 2004
      • 1.1.x

Jelsoft or not (there is no link between the request and Jelsoft btw!), there is no free possibility to have a cross-platform bridge between ASP and PHP.

problem is that there is nothing compatible with ASP, due to Microsoft Licenses and all that surround Microsoft anyway. the only real possibility for you would be to have a ASP script that make a record in the MySQL database to duplicate the users from your ASP site to thee vBulletin database, but i don't think you will find any ASP coder here that would d othe job, because there is not that much ... we are on a PHP/MySQL community..

you can ask on freelancers websites, you may have more luck...
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

• iserna
        • Jun 2002

Thanks for the reply, but with myodbc i can talk with the vbulletin database in ASP.
        What's the reason i can't make an insert using ASP + myodbc to the Vbulletin user table ?

Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

You would need to code the queries accessing MySQL in ASP and create the appropriate records in the database to register them. When they log into the website, you would also have to create the appropriate vBulletin cookies, namely userid and password.

You would not be able to use the data managers unless there is a COM module out there that lets ASP execute PHP code directly. You do not need to contact PHP directly though, just access the MySQL database, which ASP can do easily enough.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will get much help through the vBulletin community. I would suggest a general Web Development website such as SitePoint or Dev Shed.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...