X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lumina
    • Sep 2002
    • 3.5.x

France rejected the European Union Constitution

Today, France rejected the European Constitution with 55% of “No”.

It's a crisis for Europe. Consequences are unknown and will also depend on the remaining decisions of other countries like Netherlands.
    Lumina, aventurière des mondes fantastiques et petite rédactrice au grand cœur
    Cœur Lumière - vBulletin-fr
    Join the vBulletin French community social group!
  • BamaStangGuy
    Banned
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

Sucks

Comment

• _| () R | Z
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Lumina
      Consequences are unknown and will also depend on the remaining decisions of other countries like Netherlands.
      ours poll's were already on 53% "no" already.
      Originally Posted by Zachery
      John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
      We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Lumina
        Today, France rejected the European Constitution with 55% of “No”.

It's a crisis for Europe. Consequences are unknown and will also depend on the remaining decisions of other countries like Netherlands.
        It's not a crisis, a lot more work needs to be done first.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

Is this in development or something?

Are we talking about a hurdle in a decision making process? Or are we talking about the rejection of a formalized legal document, secession style. The spin on the first post in this thread makes it sound like the later of the two.

Comment

• Radon3k
            • Nov 2001

What exactly was this "Constitution" for and what countries are involved? How does France rejecting it make it a crisis for Europe?

Comment

• Colin F
              • May 2004

Not exactly sure about the details, but the problem was that politicains weren't sure if it would be accepted by the people, and once a big country like France votes no, that's likely to have an impact on all the countries that haven't voted yet.
              Best Regards
              Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                • Jun 2002

So France and Netherlands has rejected it?
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 3.8.x

The Netherlands will go vote on wednesday. But chances are that they will reject also.
                  Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                  Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• akex054
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Like Jerry, I would say it's not a crisis.

Stop talking of these results as it was the end of the world

Maybe a constitution should talk about daily life improvement, sould find a way to end poverty instead of talking about economy ...

I think Europe is really great, but nobody have to accept this constitution because it will be the only way. We need to give time to Europe and not be in a hurry, and take time to decide which is the best for all European ...

It seems France won't be only one to vote No, as we can see in The Netherlands (Poll estimation ...)

Comment

• akex054
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Radon3k
                      What exactly was this "Constitution" for and what countries are involved? How does France rejecting it make it a crisis for Europe?
                      This constitution was made to give Europe some more rules and shared politics. Were involved all 25 countries of Europe.

Crisis for some because, it took a lot of time to write this constitution, and some countries have already ratified it. Above all, it will take more time to write a new one .

Comment

Originally posted by akex054
                        This constitution was made to give Europe some more rules and shared politics. Were involved all 25 countries of Europe.

Crisis for some because, it took a lot of time to write this constitution, and some countries have already ratified it. Above all, it will take more time to write a new one .
                        Getting a constitution voted in by all parties takes a lot of time and modification, just because one country doesn't vote it in at first doesn't mean they won't do so later on

Comment

• Colin F
                          • May 2004

Not entirely true.

This constitutiononly involves countries in the European Union, which isn't the same as the geographical Europe. Some countries in Europe aren't part of the European Union.
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

As I posted on The Admin Zone...

The people of France should vote for what they feel is right. Simple as that.

Since I have no association with France other to buy a few bottles of wine and champagne per year it doesn't really affect me personally.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              As I posted on The Admin Zone...

The people of France should vote for what they feel is right. Simple as that.

Since I have no association with France other to buy a few bottles of wine and champagne per year it doesn't really affect me personally.
                              You are from California and you are buying French wine?

The problem with voting on a constitution like this is not something easy. The text is very technical and will not be something that most people will read, understand and also understand the long-term consequences.

What i see here in the Netherlands is that a lot of organisations have there opinion about this constitution, either pro or contra. The arguments they are using have mostly nothing to do with the text of the constitution. If you are against the current government (choosen in a democratic way) then voting against the constitution is a "good" way of opposing that government.

Like i see it 90% of the arguments used in teh media in favor or against the constitution have nothing to do with this constitution. What i heard about France is that things have been pretty the same there.

My bottom line on this is that the results of the votes ay little about the constitution and more about other (non/vaguely related) topics.
                              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...