Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • langtoner
    • Feb 2004

Corrupt Attachements Mysql 4.1

I have recently moved to a new server and updated the database from mysql 4.0 to 4.1.

Now all attachments (avatars, images, video clips, mp3s) stored in the DB are corrupted. See attachment for the effect of avatars.

If I upload a new avatar, or image it looks fine. It is only the images that got transferred from the old DB.

I do not have a backup of the old 4.0 DB.

Is this something to do with the default character set?
    Anyone know of a fix?

Running PHP, MYSQL, IIS on Windows Server 2003.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by langtoner; Tue 24 May '05, 1:56pm.
  • Rachael
    • Mar 2002

I am experiencing exactly the same problem after a recent database recovery. Can anyone help with this?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

There does seem to be some problems with MySQL 4.1.x regarding this issue. No one has quite figured out why or how to fix this yet. See this thread with a similar problem:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• langtoner
        • Feb 2004

Steve, I realize that this is an issue with MySQL rather than vBulletin, but do you think you could look into this problem for us.

I have had several people PM me saying they have the same problem with attachments. If MySQL 4.1 causes this then it will be a growing issue for vBulletin users.

Even if you could point me in the direction of a site that might be able to help.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

I have looked into it. It is beyond my knwoledge to fix which is why I asked the other support staff for their ideas.

The site I would point to is: http:///www.mysql.com/
          It's their software causing this problem.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• W1zzard
            • May 2003

the method given at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=17 worked fine for my tables.

i moved from mysql 3.x to fedora core 4's 4.1.11 and experienced the attachment corruption. unfortunately the report came in a few days after the move. lucky i still had a copy of the old database on the server, ran the queries, exported the attachments table via mysqldump and imported it on the new server via mysql (the new attachments since the move were lost, but better than losing all old attachments). make sure you make backups of your existing tables just in case something goes wrong. it is also a good idea to turn off the forums while doing this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...