• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • void
    • Dec 2001
    • 3.6.x

UBBThreads 6.5.1.1

Hi vbulletin,

Help me escape to vbulletin 3.5 (now that you get real posttracking)

I need your import script to be able convert post-to-post links. That is, links pointing from one post in the forum to another post in the forum.

As I understand this, it would have to be a 2 pass job. On the 1. pass you'll need to store the old UBB post id on the VB post. On the 2. pass, you'll search for old forum post urls and replace them with new VB post ref. urls.

Is this possible?

Also, would something similar be possible for other in-text tags? Are there some kind of multipurpose search'n'replace tool?
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by void
    Hi vbulletin,

Help me escape to vbulletin 3.5 (now that you get real posttracking)

I need your import script to be able convert post-to-post links. That is, links pointing from one post in the forum to another post in the forum.

As I understand this, it would have to be a 2 pass job. On the 1. pass you'll need to store the old UBB post id on the VB post. On the 2. pass, you'll search for old forum post urls and replace them with new VB post ref. urls.

Is this possible?
    Yes it is, its internal link parsing, it was beta'ed a while ago for phpBB2, tough was decided that it needed more work so it has been with drawn to be worked on some more.

It only needs one extra pass after the import as impex already stores all the import ids, subscribe to the status thread as I'll post there when its done and for what systems.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• void
      • Dec 2001
      • 3.6.x

I tried to subscribe but the thread is closed. Are there an ETA on this? I have an vbulletin license thats expired, but as soon as I can test this, I'll buy a refresh and have a go at a test convert. Last time i tried was at ubbt6.3 where we also talked about this. It was the post tracking that halted the process though. Now with 3.5, I'm voluntering as a tester. Again.
      Last edited by void; Tue 24 May '05, 9:46am.

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

I can't really say anything until 3.5 has been released as that is the primary concern atm, then once that is done the next phase of development for impex will be decided on.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• void
          • Dec 2001
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jerry
          I can't really say anything until 3.5 has been released as that is the primary concern atm, then once that is done the next phase of development for impex will be decided on.
          Ok,

Cant subscribe because the thread is locked but perhaps you could add this issue on the to do development list in: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=12

Comment

• void
            • Dec 2001
            • 3.6.x

Jerry,

Any news about this? I would love to get on board!

Comment

• Jerry
              • Dec 2002
              • 1.1.x

Well still on hold till 3.5 gets released, then sutiable systems have to be reviewed to see which can be parsed for internal link parsing.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• void
                • Dec 2001
                • 3.6.x

Just getting impatient ;-) At the very least, I hope that you would store the old ubbthread (or any other forums old) postid on the new vb postrec as to allow people like me to dabble with our own regex experiments later on.
                Last edited by void; Sun 17 Jul '05, 5:35am.

Comment

• Jerry
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Just getting impatient ;-) At the very least, I hope that you would store the old ubbthread (or any other forums old) postid on the new vb postrec as to allow people like me to dabble with our own regex experiments later on.
                  I do, post and thread id's are stored as importpostid and importthreadid, they are the ones that are going to be used to map all the internal links.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• void
                    • Dec 2001
                    • 3.6.x

Jerry,

Just to make sure that I get this right: are you saying that I can choose to convert now, and later on run a script from you that uses this information to do the remapping of internal forum links, bringing things up to date?

Comment

• Jerry
                      • Dec 2002
                      • 1.1.x

Jerry,

Just to make sure that I get this right: are you saying that I can choose to convert now, and later on run a script from you that uses this information to do the remapping of internal forum links, bringing things up to date?
                      That is the plan as everyone who's asked I've said that it will be done at some point though I can't give a date, but it will be able to run retrospectively as long as :

A) You don't remove the import id's that are added during an import.
                      B) You have a note of the URL to your old board.

The script will need B because, if will have to map a post thus :

<olddomain><path to UBBT><link script><GET info> {importpostid}

to

<new domain><path to vBulletin> showthread.php?p= {postid}

So yes, I am going to have to make them work, per system retrospectively.

IPB and phpBB2 will probably be done first as its a case of numbers, then onto boards where it can be done, i.e. UBBT.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• void
                        • Dec 2001
                        • 3.6.x

Well still on hold till 3.5 gets released, then sutiable systems have to be reviewed to see which can be parsed for internal link parsing.
                        So, Jerry, any news?

Comment

• Pasqualis
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Yes, I'm too waiting for an answer in this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=147218&page=2

When I tested the import from UBB.t > vbulletin 3.08 I actually had no trouble with the import. In the thread above, I read that the new impex for 3.5.0 has some (minor) issues. I will wait with my import until I hear from jerry

Comment

• Jerry
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 1.1.x

So, Jerry, any news?
                            Yes, 3.5 has been released and I'm working on the issues that people have found with ImpEx at the moment !
                            I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• void
                              • Dec 2001
                              • 3.6.x

Yes, 3.5 has been released and I'm working on the issues that people have found with ImpEx at the moment !
                              Sorry for the pressure. I'm just so eager to switch to VB and this is the only thing missing.

Are there perhaps someone else that has made a utility that does internal link parsing?

One that perhaps works on backup .sql text file with importid's still filled?

I would donate 1 owned vb license ($160) to the person that makes an internal link parsing script that can convert my ubb 6.5.1.1 - to be paid in full only when the script works 100%! And afterwards the script would be made public availible to all ubbthread owners that needs this.

Anyone?
                              Last edited by void; Tue 4 Oct '05, 5:13am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...