Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay McConnell
    • Jun 2004

Strange Error

I've been seeing this intermittently when going form page to page on my site:

Warning: main(./includes/functions.php): failed to open stream: Too many open files in /global.php on line 68

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './includes/functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/xxxxxx/public_html/forum/global.php on line 68
    Refreshing the page usually gets by it but it's getting annoying. I know my host just recently upgraded their version of php to 4.3.11... could that have anything to do with it?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This would appear to be a server restriction. You should contact your host about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jay McConnell
      • Jun 2004

Thanks Steve, another member here and I are both on the same server and have been having the same problem, and we posted the same error using the same thread title.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The error "Too many open files" is definitely a server error. Nothing in vB would be able to control this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment