X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CreedFeed
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Changing Default Thread Display Order

I'd like to be able to set the default display order of certain forum categories to be based on Thread Title, ascending. Is it possible to do this on a per-forum basis? I did some searching and I'm assuming this isn't possible with vBulletin out of the box. I did find a hack that allows this but I'd rather not install a hack for this. You would think this feature would be something built into vB.
    Steve
    CreedFeed - Feed Your Need!
    http://www.creedfeed.com
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

Add the red code:

Code:
    	<td class="alt1Active" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]">
    		<div>
    			<a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid][color=red]<if condition="$forum[forumid] == X">&order=asc&sort=title</if>[/color]"><strong>$forum[title]</strong></a>
    			<if condition="$show['browsers']"><span class="smallfont">(<phrase 1="$forum[browsers]">$vbphrase[x_viewing]</phrase>)</span></if>
    		</div>
    Where X is the forumid of the forum which you want to be sorted by title in ascending order. This will only work when users click the forum's list in the forum listing.

Make similar changes to the other forumhome_forumbit_* templates as needed.

Comment

• CreedFeed
      • Jan 2002
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

What about the breadcrumb links? I figured the above code would work but my main problem was with the breadcrumbs... not sure how to edit those...
      Steve
      CreedFeed - Feed Your Need!
      http://www.creedfeed.com

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

That would be more difficult. Looks like a file hack to me.

Comment

• Julio
          • Oct 2002

Jake:

So I would need to write in several instances for more than one forum to work, or do I just separate by commas? If I only want the threads sorted... do I need to modify the other forumhome_forumbit_* templates? Or just this one should do it?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

You can include more than one forum by using this format:

Code:
            [color=red]<if condition="in_array($forum[forumid], array(X,Y,Z))">[/color]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...