Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Todi
    • Apr 2005

Disappearing text in Private Messages

I've recently installed Vbulletin for the first time. Our forum was originally on phpBB (2), but has now been imported into Vbulletin. I'm reasonably sure that the import went well, since i re-did everything from scratch about 10 times (trial and error is good for learning). However, some things are still a bit strange, even after configuring for awhile. No hacks or mods installed.

The problem is that in the private message view, some texts are completely missing. Check the screenshot included. Also, the popup box that comes when you press Send is totally empty (i think it asks if you want to have a read notification or something). Some other texts in the PM view also look pretty weird.

I've searched, but havn't found any relevant posts. Could it be a problem due to a botched import despite my best efforts, or did i mess something up while fixing the settings?
    Attached Files
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Try this. Reupload the original vbulletin-language.xml file from the zip file to your install directory. Make sure you upload this in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then import this file in the 'Upload' section in Languages & Phrases.

Then create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Todi
      • Apr 2005

It worked fine! Thank you =)

I realised what i probably did to cause it as well, apparently i had deleted the whole Install folder on the server, instead of just Install.php. I don't recall when this happened however... Probably right after the install was done. Are there any more things i should upload/refresh that could have been similary troubled because of this mistake?

When thinking about it, i did make some changes to the style (i think), changing the logo and background colour. Could that have made it load the non-existing page and thus causing the error?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...