does vbulletin offer any paid import/conversion services from other forum software?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rodney B
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.7.x

does vbulletin offer any paid import/conversion services from other forum software?

I know that the $135 installation fee is for a fresh install, however, I'm wondering if there is any official paid forum conversion offered by the vBulletin staff?

I am thinking of converting one my my phpBB forums to vBulletin. I don't any major hacks installed and I was hoping that after I purchase my license that I would be able to purchase a conversion service so I don't mess anything up trying to use the impex importer.
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software.

Yes, it is possible to convert from third party forum software like phpBB to vBulletin. We offer a free software system for vBulletin called 'impex' which allows you to do this. It comes with a free online manual for installation and usage and comes with free support. However, at this moment we don't offer the service to do the import for you. You have to do it yourself, but we will assist you if needed.

If you want us to install vBulletin for you it costs $135. Then one of our trained staff will do a professional first time vBulletin installation. After which you can setup impex and run the import script - which is pretty easy.

We're looking forward to your purchase.

Comment

• Rodney B
      • Jan 2005
      • 3.7.x

Thanks for the response Floris, but it didn't seem to answer my question at all

In my original post I mentioned that I knew about impex and the $135 fee for the fresh install.

My specific question was does the vBulletin staff offer any paid import/conversion services where they will do the conversion of phpbb to vbulletin for me.

I read a recent thread at vbulletin.org where a poster said the staff here had done the conversion for him, but I didn't that service listed in my membership area.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

We do not provide an official conversion service at this time. At times, one of the staff has done these on a private contract basis.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Rodney B
          • Jan 2005
          • 3.7.x

Thanks, that clears it up Steve.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Floris
            However, at this moment we don't offer the service to do the import for you. You have to do it yourself, but we will assist you if needed.
            Sorry, I thought that kind of answered your question.

Comment

• Rodney B
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Floris
              Sorry, I thought that kind of answered your question.
              Whoops! Sorry Floris, that is totally my bad.

Reading is fundamental

I guess I started to "skim" your post too much when I thought it was just an autoresponse. I totally missed that sentence even though I read your post a couple of times.

I apologize for the mixup. There go my chances of getting you to do the conversion for me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...