Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrismilne
    • Mar 2005

Ugh...no MSSQL support, suggestions?

You do not have MSSQL support in this version/complie of php, the importer will not be able to connect to the source database;
    Read this : PHP MSSQL

I get the above message when trying to run Impex. Apparently the host does not support MSSQL in PHP and doesn't plan to. My old site has PHPBB with a MSSQL back end.

Is there another way i can get my data out of MSSQL over to a Mysql DB and then do a the impex from mysql to mysql. The server the MSSQL is on does not have Mysql, so i assume i'll have to generate scripts or DTS???

Thanks
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I can do a MSSQL import on my localhost, as long as my dev server can access the mssql database server.

You can email me if you would like assistance

zachery.woods [at] vbulletin.com

Comment

• chrismilne
      • Mar 2005

I've created a backup from the real server, installed it locally on my SQL Server box (i'm a software developer) and restored it. Then i installed MySQL (this is my first time ever using this) and am trying to DTS it all to that locally. Then i'll figure a way to get that over to a mysql db on the same server i've installed my VB forum, then i'll do an import from Mysql to Mysql...does this sound resonable?

Thanks.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

It would be insanely easier to just import the data if it is already in MSSQL form to vBulletin via Impex.

Comment

• Jerry
          • Dec 2002
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
          I can do a MSSQL import on my localhost, as long as my dev server can access the mssql database server.

You can email me if you would like assistance

zachery.woods [at] vbulletin.com
          Set the target and the source as the remote server and GRANT access to your servers IP from the MySQL database you are connecting to, then you don't need to move the data at all.
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• chrismilne
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jerry
            Set the target and the source as the remote server and GRANT access to your servers IP from the MySQL database you are connecting to, then you don't need to move the data at all.
            Sorry i'm a bit confused. Either i don't get it or i didn't explain the scenario very well.

Scenario:

Rmote Server 1:
            Windows 2003 Server
            MS SQL 2000
            PHPBB Forum
            NO Mysql db

Remote Server 2 (new):
            Linux
            MySQL
            vBulletin forum
            PHP (with error: You do not have MSSQL support in this version/complie of php) therefore i can't use Impex

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

chrismilne,

Impex is able to work as a middle man, if you can provide me with the details of server 1, IE, the MSSQL database info

and provide me with server 2's MySQL database info, and make sure both hosts will allow me to connect, I can do the import for you as a middle man.

Comment

• Jerry
                • Dec 2002
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by chrismilne
                Sorry i'm a bit confused. Either i don't get it or i didn't explain the scenario very well.
                Remote Server 1 (old) -> Zachery (ImpEx&PHP+MSSQL) Server 2 -> Remote Server 3 (new).
                I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• chrismilne
                  • Mar 2005

THanks guys, an email was sent to Zachery.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

I am currently at college, I will respond when I get home and check my email (classes for me are over at 8:15 EST)

Comment

• chrismilne
                      • Mar 2005

Just trying to get an idea of when you might give this a shot. I sent an email earlier, but i'm not sure when you check that.

Thanks. Chris

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...