Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hotrodders
    • Feb 2005

showsignature field in post table doesn't update

I have just upgraded to vBulletin 3.0.6, from vBulletin 2.3. Overall, I'm very pleased, but I still have a few minor issues to work out.

Signatures are not consistently appearing on my board. I only have sigs enabled for moderators and admins.

I have done a lot of searching here to troubleshoot the issue, and I'm hoping I missed something obvious. I almost always find what I'm looking for by searching, but this time, I'm stumped.

My moderator and admin usergroups have signatures enabled in:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Use Signatures

In my personal options, "Show Signatures" is checked in:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Visible Post Elements

"Show your signature" is properly checked in Additional Options -> Miscellaneous Options on the posting screen when I make a new post.

I am familiar with php and mysql. I have entered the following query for all of my moderators/admins userids, and I've verified that it worked:

UPDATE post SET showsignature=1 where userid=xxx

The query allowed sigs to be properly displayed for all old posts, and the showsignature field of the post table was properly updated.

When I manually update the showsignature field for a certain post, then the signature shows properly for that post. However, on new posts, the showsignature field doesn't get updated. And, when I edit a new post, the "Show your signature" box is unchecked by default. If I check it, and save the post, the sig still doesn't show, and the showsignature field doesn't get updated unless I do it manually with an sql command.

What's the next step to take to troubleshoot this? Thanks for your help.
    Jonathan