X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiberius
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Get Daily Search with Exclusions

This is a bit of an interesting question. I know with getdaily you can exclude specific forums with &exclude= (thanks Jake Bunce). Now here's the question. Is there anyway, I can setup a place in the user's profile where if they check that option, certain forums are excluded. To clarify, let's say I have a group of forums called Test Forums (forum id numbers: 20,21,22). I want them to be able to click a profile field box, and have getdaily exclude those forums.

I tried using $post[fieldX], but it doesn't appear to be evaluated when the main script is executed. Does anyone have a good way to do this?
    Last edited by Tiberius; Sun 30 Jan '05, 9:46pm.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Yes, that should be doable.

You can make a checkbox field where the "checked" option excludes those forums. Then in your templates you would add the red code to the search link. This code is for the Today's Posts link in the navbar as an example:

Code:
    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily[color=red]<if condition="$bbuserinfo[fieldX]">&exclude=X,Y,Z</if>[/color]" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>

Comment

• Tiberius
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Yes, that should be doable.

You can make a checkbox field where the "checked" option excludes those forums. Then in your templates you would add the red code to the search link. This code is for the Today's Posts link in the navbar as an example:

Code:
      <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily[color=red]<if condition="$bbuserinfo[fieldX]">&exclude=X,Y,Z</if>[/color]" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
      Thanks Jake , that did the trick.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...