BUG area visible only for customers (Licenced Users)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulent Tekcan
    • Feb 2003
    • 4.2.x

BUG area visible only for customers (Licenced Users)

Please disable bug area for without licenced users.Because a lot of users follow that area,but these members not a customer,that users use a cracked VB ....

And also follow and see every fix....

This is my prefer......
  • Andrew111888
    • Mar 2003

There's few things they can actually do there.

It also allows potential customers to witness how hard vBulletin Developers work to resolve problems in their software.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

We decided that allowing people to view this area would allow potential customers to see how we respond to support issues.

They cannot download attachments on the board almost anywhere.

Comment

• eXaulz
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Bulent Tekcan
        Please disable bug area for without licenced users.Because a lot of users follow that area,but these members not a customer,that users use a cracked VB ....

And also follow and see every fix....

This is my prefer......
        Why? Maybe a member found a bug on another forum, and he wants to report it. Is there soemthing wrong with that?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Non-customers cannot post to the Bug Tracker now. We have decided that these reports need to come from the license holder because only they can verify the specific issues and do any follow-up testing required to resolve the bug. Members of someone else's forum do not have the necessary knowledge or access to the software to do this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• _| () R | Z
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Non-customers cannot post to the Bug Tracker now. We have decided that these reports need to come from the license holder because only they can verify the specific issues and do any follow-up testing required to resolve the bug. Members of someone else's forum do not have the necessary knowledge or access to the software to do this.
            1.- i can still post?
            2.- http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....tarterid=22477 im not licensed and found those bugs. what is the problem with allowing vbulletin users like me to post bugs?
            Originally Posted by Zachery
            John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
            We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Not surre why that is but the Bug Tracker is not a standard forum. It''s an add-on. I'll report this to the Devs.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• _| () R | Z
                • Oct 2002

why not do the following: unlicenced users cant post in the bugtracker. but can after posting say like 10 messages.

then you already filtered out all the spam, warez freaks comming for support and people that dont know wth they are doing?
                Originally Posted by Zachery
                John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...