Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JVRudnick
    • Apr 2003

show Smilies in Post Reply area how?

bout says it...I'm trying to "turn on" the little panel that holds our smilies when someone is going to Reply to a thread...just like to the right of this text box....

right now the area is a blank...so I'd love a pointer to the admin cp buttons to push?

<grin>

Jim
  • Moparx
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.6.x

check your settings under: Message Posting Interface Options
    http://www.virtualinfusion.net
    An Anime and Manga discussion forum.

Comment

• Ocean
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by JVRudnick

bout says it...I'm trying to "turn on" the little panel that holds our smilies when someone is going to Reply to a thread...just like to the right of this text box....

right now the area is a blank...so I'd love a pointer to the admin cp buttons to push?

<grin>

Jim

AdminCP/vB Options/Message Posting Interface Options/Show Smiliebox to WYSIWIG users

echo $ocean_signature;

;)

Comment

• JVRudnick
        • Apr 2003

NOpe....

and in fact, comparing it to what I see here on the Reply to Thread window,
        i've got very little.

I have title, message, and post icons. NO wysiwyg bar (tho it's turned ON) and no close current or all tag buttons and no smilies (tho it too is turned ON) too.

what else might I be missing to enable these items to be seen?

Jim

Comment

• JVRudnick
          • Apr 2003

ahh...in my cp, down at the bottom is an enabler for the wysiwyg and smilie addtions to the Reply panel.

so..is this always a user cp item? ie can I not turn it on for ALL members at once?

Jim

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

To set this and other global options for all users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query

Then choose the appropriate query and click on 'Continue'.

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
            // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
            // See the above entries for more information on the format.
            // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
            // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
            $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...