X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chad
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

warning...unknown.....

Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/chadi/public_html/global.php(395) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Unknown(http://www.talkjesus.com/chat/info.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/chadi/public_html/global.php(395) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/chadi/public_html/global.php(395) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: Unknown(http://www.talkjesus.com/chat/info.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/chadi/public_html/global.php(395) : eval()'d code on line 7

Fatal error: (null)(): Failed opening required 'http://www.talkjesus.com/chat/info.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/chadi/public_html/global.php(395) : eval()'d code on line 7

www.talkjesus.com is the site
    This happened right about the same time vbulletin's sites went down.
    [ Evidence & Prophecies Fulfilled : click ]
    .:. Unanswered Prayers? /read this\
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

That file (info.php) are not from vBulletin (so can't give support) - and are in no relation to the downtime of the vBulletin server.

Comment

• Chad
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

Please understand that nothing was modified at all. The site as up the entire time and it just went down.

Comment

• Chad
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

The references are regarding global.php for vbulletin

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Uninstall any hacks you have installed, re-upload all the vBulletin files or upgrade to 3.0.4 if you haven't already.

Comment

• Chad
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

Let me repeat again, I did not modify anything the entire time. This site was working all day long, no one but myself has access to the site and server and *nothing* was changed at all, in all my honesty. It just happened suddenly out of the blue.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

That file is not from vBulletin. So we can't give support on it.

Comment

• Chad
                • Oct 2004
                • 3.7.x

How many times did I tell you that the warnings are global.php and that I did not modify anything? that is just an addon chat that has nothing to do with vbulletin why do you not comprehend this? No matter what I've posted in the past you always wanted to deny everything and never offer help for a customer. You just like to workaround the truth and make up excuses by blaming something else done. That chatroom has nothing do to with vbulletin coding and I said it 3 times already NOTHING WAS CHANGED AT ALL - WAS WORKING ALL DAY AND IT JUST HAPPENED.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Apr 2000
                  • 3.6.x

global.php line 395 is pretty much where the phpinclude_start template is evaluated (it's 389 here). Specifically, it's referring to whatever is on line 7 of that template.

Remove it and it will be fixed. This code has nothing to do with vBulletin. It allows you to execute extra code with vBulletin; the template has no code in it by default.

Comment

• Chad
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 3.7.x

This is line 395
                    eval(fetch_template('phpinclude_start', -1, 0));

I don't understand...I modified not a single thing all day not even the server and it just happened. What exaclty did you want me to remove anyway?

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                      • Apr 2000
                      • 3.6.x

Just because you didn't change something doesn't mean something didn't change. My guess would be DNS died on your server, hence this "getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known" error.

But anyway, I'm telling you to remove the contents of the phpinclude_start template. It's causing your problem, and as Floris was saying, it's not vBulletin code. It's code someone on your site has to have added.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 3.6.x

Actually... removing that code might be hard unless you know how to manipulate the database directly. If you have phpMyAdmin setup, email me access info for it and I'll fix it.

(Note: I'm going to be shortly, I think.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...