• candymanjl
    • Nov 2002

forums are down and I don't know what to do

they're down and not responding to the repair file. help please
    www.clubhonda.com
  • fpouk
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.6.x

did you do anything at all before that started happening ?
    need a little more info ?

Comment

• candymanjl
      • Nov 2002

nope, I was on my site and it was happy, then I went back later and it wasn't. I haven't been messing with anything. before when it was unhappy I could run the repair tool and all would be ok again, but not this time.
      www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Your error message:
        <!-- Database error in vBulletin 2.3.4:

Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS users,MAX(userid) AS max FROM user
        mysql error: Can't open file: 'user.MYI'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016

Date: Wednesday 15th of December 2004 02:32:57 AM
        Script: http://www.clubhonda.com/forums/forums/index.php
        Referer: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123283
        -->
        means that your database tables have crashed.

145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

Through phpmyadmin or through shell or your control panel, run optimize on your tables, and then repair. Repeat the process a few times in order to make sure all overhead is cleared and all corruption is taken care of.

Comment

• candymanjl
          • Nov 2002

this is the part that stinks, I don't know how to get to phpmyadmin or through shell, it's a windows 2000 server that my buddy set up, so I'm sitting in front of the actual server, not logging into a host.

the program that's on my server is WinMySQLadmin1.4, anyone familiar with that?

sorry for my noobness
          www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP. You may need to run it more than once to fix all errors:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• candymanjl
              • Nov 2002

I can't get to the admin control panel it's owned like the rest of the forums. when I try to go to the admin CP I get the same error as the forums
              www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the 2.3.5 zip file) to your admin directory. Then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admi...html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.)

Alternately you can also repair tables in phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• candymanjl
                  • Nov 2002

yeah that's what I would do before when it wasn't happy and it would work fine, but I can't do that now, I get the same error message that you get when trying to access any part of the forums.

I do have a server backup, I'm starting to think I might have to do that then move the forums to a regular web host. is moving the forums between servers something you guys can do?
                  www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• George L
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • May 2000
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by candymanjl
                    yeah that's what I would do before when it wasn't happy and it would work fine, but I can't do that now, I get the same error message that you get when trying to access any part of the forums.

I do have a server backup, I'm starting to think I might have to do that then move the forums to a regular web host. is moving the forums between servers something you guys can do?
                    easy fix assuming you're using MySQL 3.23.39 and above

ssh telnet into your server and type the follow commands

to check version

mysqladmin -u root -p version

will prompt for mysql root password

to check which tables are corrupted

mysqlcheck -s -u root -p --all-databases

to repair corruption

mysqlcheck -r -q -u root -p --all-databases

notes prior to running repair
                    1. ensure mysql data partition of drive has enough free to hold 2.5-3x times the largest mysql databae table size
                    2. HEAP in memory tables can not be repaired only normal MYISAM tables - so vBulletin's session table will always report an error message that it isn't repairable - ignore that message

or replace --all-databases with databasename if you want to repair/check just that database instead of all databases on your server
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• candymanjl
                      • Nov 2002

is there any way to do those commands without telnet, telnet isn't enabled on my server
                      www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

No, you won't be able to run those without shell access. Did you try repair.php as I suggested?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• candymanjl
                          • Nov 2002

yes, running the repair file gives the same error that you get when trying to view the forums
                          www.clubhonda.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

Ask the server admin where phpMyAdmin is or to install it. You can download and install phpMyAdmin yourself from this location:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...