X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vile
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.6.x

New PC Setup - Watercooled

Alright, so I ended up joining the WC club, and finished the setup after a good 5-6 hours.

The temperature is awesome, and the system is exteremly quiet. I can definitely tell the difference moving from air cooling --> water cooling.

The kit itself is done, but I still need to clean up & organize the mess of wires.

The installed WC components are as follows:

MCR80-F2 Radiotor x2
    MCW6000-P CPU Waterblock
    MCW20-R Chipset Waterblock
    MCW50 GPU Waterblock
    MCP600 12 volt DC Pump
    FBK525 Fill & Bleed System

Pics:

Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com
  • Radon3k
    • Nov 2001

That's pretty cool. About how much does something like that cost? The water cooling setup, not the actual computer. How hard is it to setup something like that? I've thought about doing this when I build my next computer but wasn't sure what all was involved. Also, should you need to replace something (such as the CPU, video card, CD-ROM, etc) would it be difficult?

Comment

• Vile
      • Jul 2002
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Radon3k
      That's pretty cool. About how much does something like that cost? The water cooling setup, not the actual computer. How hard is it to setup something like that? I've thought about doing this when I build my next computer but wasn't sure what all was involved. Also, should you need to replace something (such as the CPU, video card, CD-ROM, etc) would it be difficult?

The kit itself is around ~ $230. It only comes with 1 RAD & 1 waterblock (CPU) so the others need to be purchased seperately. ($45 for an additional RAD, and usually $30 for each additional waterblock)

Good sites to check out are:
      Find top-quality water cooling and air cooling PC parts at FrozenCPU.com, the go-to destination for DIY PC builders and enthusiasts. Shop from a vast selection of reliable and efficient liquid cooling and air cooling components from top brands including EKWB, Watercool HEATKILLER, Aquacomputer Bitspower, and more.

www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

So you spent almost $400 for the setup you have including shipping and/or tax?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mike Anime
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.7.x

what happens if the system springs a leak will they replace the pc or something?

Comment

• Kayn
            • Nov 2000

Wow - I've been debating on watercooling. Sounds like it'd work very well.
            Pluh.com (random nonsense) - Psychostick.com (my stupid band) - Collectiveunderground.com (AZ local music site) - Evacuatechicago.com

Comment

• Vile
              • Jul 2002
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              So you spent almost $400 for the setup you have including shipping and/or tax?
              Yeah. At times, my system & room were so hot (even with proper air cooling) that I couldn't even stay in the room long enough without getting irritated from the heat and the noise of the 6 fans in the system. Yeah, the air conditioning in my room is fine, even got an extra room fan, but none did a good enough job to keep my room cool enough to stay in for longer than an hour.

At least that's what I told myself to justify the purchase

Originally posted by Mike Anime
              what happens if the system springs a leak will they replace the pc or something?
              If you can catch it in time, some of the hardware can be save, but if you wait too long, your hardware is toast. That's why it's important to leak test the setup, before installing the water blocks, and to spend time installing it without rushing the process.
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Mike Anime
                This is why the only way I'd switch to liquid cooling is if I could afford something like Fluorinert:

Comment

• Vile
                  • Jul 2002
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
                  This is why the only way I'd switch to liquid cooling is if I could afford something like Fluorinert:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25976
                  There are advantages & disadvantages to using all types of cooling, including air.

If the proper time is taken for a WC setup, there is really not much to worry about. The systems can be moved around just fine after the setup is complete.
                  www.MegaGames.com
                  www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                    • Feb 2003

It just hit me that those are the PFCs that the world has been working to cut down on due to the green house effect.

Now I'm going to have to find another non-corrosive non-flammable liquid insulator for when I decide to switch to liquid cooling.

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Vile
                      There are advantages & disadvantages to using all types of cooling, including air.

If the proper time is taken for a WC setup, there is really not much to worry about. The systems can be moved around just fine after the setup is complete.
                      What system generates that much heat?

Comment

That is exactly why my next system is going to be water cooled. My room stays hot year round due to this computer begin on all the time, sometimes I can't even sleep in here with an ac and three fans going .

What kind of temp. drops did you see?

Comment

• Vile
                          • Jul 2002
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                          That is exactly why my next system is going to be water cooled. My room stays hot year round due to this computer begin on all the time, sometimes I can't even sleep in here with an ac and three fans going .

What kind of temp. drops did you see?
                          For my P4 3.06 GHz CPU idle temp approx 33c, load 48c

The temp is usually just slightly (maybe +2, 3) more than the room temperature, which is good

Originally posted by Zachery
                          What system generates that much heat?
                          If you're asking which creates more heat between fan & WC, definitely fan. Not to mention it's so much louder.
                          www.MegaGames.com
                          www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

I currently run a 1800+ and if you have one you know they run hot as all hell
                            and i have a P4 3.06, my room stays "warm" but never "hot".

Comment

• Mike Anime
                              • Oct 2004
                              • 3.7.x

funny my dell with 2 HD's rever rund worm nevermind hot

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...