• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbiweb
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

Detached drop-down menus

I have vB 3.0.3, and I was making some CSS changes today, and when I was
    finished, all drop-down menus were detached from their links (see attachment).
    I didn't touch anything to do with the navbar code, nor the .js script or anything
    like that. I was working only with an external stylesheet that we created to
    work along with the vB styles. Our forum templates are heavily customized, and
    up until today the menus worked perfectly, so I can't figure out why this would
    happen. Anyone have any ideas?
    Attached Files
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

One possibility that comes to mind is that the page elements containing the links are not "form fitting". So the link is inside of a box that extends some ways below the link, and the menu is starting at the bottom of the box.

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

I would've thought that, too, if I had been doing anything with those links or the navbar, but I was only making changes in the way our logo and top navigation (not shown in attachment) was positioned on the page.

We have a main containing div that wraps around the whole page. When I changed that container to be relatively positioned (it wasn't before), it threw the menus out of whack. I understand why, now that I found the problem, but don't quite know how to explain it without getting into a lot of typing.

Anyway, it's been fixed. Thanks for your input.
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...