X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • najrsh0c
    • Aug 2004

problem login to my vb3

Greeting all,

I have a problem. I upgraded from 2.2.8 all the way to 3.0.3. No problems during the upgrade. i looked at my fourms and found out all the posts, threads and users have been moved with no problems. The problem is with the login. If anyone of my users try to login it tells him that wrong user name or password. Even if user select " foreget password " and he uses the link then the sent password, it gives the same message. I read all sticky threads in this fourm and tried all the cookies deletion and patchs with no hope.

If it takes giving you guys the login information in order to see my problem. Please help. I'm a beginner so please asnwer my question step by step. I bought 4 licenses and this is the first license i use and i'm having all of those problems. Please help. My board is closed now waiting for your help. Please advise.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You can't upgrade directly from 2.2.8 to 3.0.3. You first need to upgrade to 2.2.9 before proceeding to vB3. Did you do this? If not, did you make a backup of your database prior to attempting this upgrade?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• najrsh0c
      • Aug 2004

Glad U R replying quickly,

First of all i upgraded using upgrade22.php tell upgrade28.php. I downloaded the updates from here. After that, i opened my fourms and found out everthing O. K. except some modifications in the style. Knowing that the old style would not work on vb3, i ignored it.

Then, i started the vb3 upgrade files going through all steps from betas to 3.0.3. with no problems or error messagers.

With regard to the backup, i used the option at the beginning of vb3 upgrade when it says " Do U want to backup you database " i did. In addition, i have .sql from the old fourms and whole site & database from the host provider.

Please help knowing that my database is very small and i just have about 400 users.

Comment

• najrsh0c
        • Aug 2004

Here is a littel thing may help. I'm using an admin to login with "arabic" letters. I recalled administraotor account and it is working fine however, if i go in cpanel and reset the password of my original arabic admin it dose not work? All my users are using arabic user names and passwords. It seems this is the problem. Please advise.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

I can't really help with the Arabic password issue. Are you using a Arabic language pack?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• najrsh0c
            • Aug 2004

If you are talking about xml arabic language the answer is yes. However, i installed a frish board and i used that bourd with the same xml file with no problems. What's your recommendations? Please help

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Sorry, I don't know what to recommend. If it's working on one board but not the other, then there is obviously something different between the two. This could be hacks, styles and templates, etc.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...