Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neorder
    • Sep 2003

chinese vb to origin english vb

i'm a china customer, i use paid version of vbulletin which is developed from china- vb (they basically develop the chinese version of vbulletin). their software has been very buggy since v3, i'm thinking to switch to original vbulletin but i worried the database format could be slightly different.

this is due to they have a few plugin modules installed by default.let's say i don't want those extra features, can anyone here help me to complete the switch from them to vbulletin if i buy a 160USD license?

and i know vbulletin support chinese charactors, but how about the skins? where to buy skins so that i can translate it to chinese?

thanks.
    Last edited by Floris; Wed 5 Jan '05, 6:19pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

We do not have an official Chinese developer of vBulletin, nor are they an official reseller. To get support for vB you will need to buy a real license. You can do so here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• neorder
      • Sep 2003

ok, if i make a purchase, will you help me to switch?

at least you guys understand the database format, which tables are needed, etc.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Not sure what you mean by 'database format'. We already have a standard db. Any modifications to the db to support add-ons and modules are not officially supported. However we do have a site that does help with this:

This is a discussion forum powered by vBulletin. To find out about vBulletin, go to http://www.vbulletin.com/ .

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• neorder
          • Sep 2003

so this is where the problem => Any modifications to the db to support add-ons and modules are not officially supported.

my database contains those extra tables for add-ons, when i want re-import my old database to the purchased vbulletin, how can i choose to import only necessary tables?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You will need to write a custom script to import that data. The place to ask for this help is at vbulletin.org once you are a customer.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• neorder
              • Sep 2003

first, i'm not a programmer.
              2nd, if i can't get a confirmed answer, i don't think i will purchase.

thanks.

Comment

• feldon23
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.7.x

neorder,

For $85 or $160, I don't think you are going to get a hacked Chinese version of vB3 converted over to the real vB3. There might be any number of changes that are necessary for it to work! Also, vB developers have not been paid for their effort with the Chinese version!

Maybe someone from vB.com or someone else is willing to help you convert over to the authentic vB3 but there would be hourly conversion charges.

Comment

It is very possible that the vB 3 -> vB 3 import script or the upgrade scripts will work for you. However it is also possible that your database might be changed in ways that would break these import/upgrade scripts.

Comment

• wfp
                    • Nov 2004

biggest issue is searches in chinese. They fixed it as I saw on their site,

otherwise, its just the GB and Big5 Language packs.
                    Last edited by wfp; Tue 4 Jan '05, 7:26pm. Reason: typo

Comment

• Sunnz
                      • Jul 2004

neorder, do you have phpmyadmin on your site? If you can make a backup of your database, maybe I can check if it is easy to convert it to real vb3 on my local computer.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

Psst...Sunnz...look at how old this thread is
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Daveh
                          • Apr 2002
                          • 3.6.x

Looks like a good use for the hack I wrote for my site

Comment

• Sunnz
                            • Jul 2004

Well yea I just looked at wfp's post which was the last post, and assume it was pretty new...

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Regardless if anything works or not. You are using vBulletin unlicensed and require a valid license if you want to continue using it. Please make a purchase as soon as possible to fix that Thank you!

I have a chinese language Pack I could email you for vBulletin 3.0.4 once you get licensed. Once licensed, you can also get the import software and try to import into 3.0.4 - you can get help probably with re-applying the hacks through vBulletin.org

We're looking forward to your purchase.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...