X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChuanSE
    • Feb 2003

attachments partially uploaded error

Hello all,

I was wondering of someone experienced this error before.
    Since today, all uploaded attachments giver the error message that they only are partially uploaded.

Attachments are stored in a folder, and that worked perfect for weeks.

I don't understand how this can happen, caus there isn't really changed anything in the settings.

Any idea's? :/
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Which version are you running? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • May 2000
      • 1.1.x

A common cause of this error is that the webserver has ran out of space on the parition where is stores temporary files.

Comment

• BfB
        • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
        A common cause of this error is that the webserver has ran out of space on the parition where is stores temporary files.
        Freddie & Steve,

I've been using my vBulletin 3.0x (I'm on 3.0.3 as of the last few months) now for approx. 9 months. All has been doing extremely well with everything. I use it for a support forum for my customers to request custom tuning for their vehicle computers (I reprogram Ford and GM computer control modules for a living).

However, I was attempting to upload custom tunes for my customers tonight. They average in size between 224k to 800k. I received the same error message above, irregardless of file size. I have 1 gig of space to use on my hosting plan, so I went in and checked to see how much I was using and it stated only approx. 600 mb. Irregardless, I deleted approx. 4 months worth of files using my vB control panel. This brought down my attachment space to approx. 275 mb. I'm still getting this error message.

I have already sent an email to my host support to warn them to check the "temporary file space", as you mentioned above. Do you have any other recommendations for me to try on my end?

Very Sincerely,

James

Comment

• BfB
          • Jul 2001

Okay, update, I'm having more difficulties than I thought. I attempted to go into my vBulletin Options to temp. shut down my forums until this matter is resolved, and I just received this error message:

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:
          Invalid SQL:
          SELECT setting.*, settinggroup.grouptitle
          FROM settinggroup AS settinggroup
          LEFT JOIN setting AS setting USING(grouptitle)
          WHERE settinggroup.displayorder <> 0
          ORDER BY settinggroup.displayorder, setting.displayorder

mysql error: Got error -1 from table handler
          mysql error number: 1030
          Date: Monday 06th of December 2004 01:11:15 AM
          Script: http://www.diablosporttuning.com/for...ons.php?null=0
          Referer: http://www.diablosporttuning.com/forums/admincp/
          Username: RWTD
          IP Address: 68.209.191.191
          I haven't changed or modified any settings in my Control Panel in like the last week or two, so I'm not quite sure what has happened. Could this be part of the issue with the file uploading, too?

Thanks for all your help in advance. My forums are *extremely* busy from my customers, so being down for more than 1 or 2 days really puts me behind by days.

Kind Regards,

James

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

This was an issue with a version of php or mysql, I don't remember the exact details.

Comment

• BfB
              • Jul 2001

Zach, yikes, please see post above your's just now, sir.

Sincerely,

James

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

This usually means a specific problem with the database that the server can't identify. Run repair/optimize until all tables show as Ok.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BfB
                  • Jul 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol

This usually means a specific problem with the database that the server can't identify. Run repair/optimize until all tables show as Ok.
                  I've done this and they all do, but I still have the same problem.

Regards,

James

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Then the next thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• BfB
                      • Jul 2001

Steve,

My forums are working now. I just got back in and tested. I believe my host already fixed this earlier today. Whew! I'll see what he did and report back when I have an answer, but as of right now I believe it was a partition space issue.

Kind Regards,

James

Comment