Attachments don't work after server move.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thegunowner149
    • Feb 2004

Attachments don't work after server move.

I recently moved to a new server. Since this server move, I am not able to upload attachments. The directory is writeable, I even moved the directory path via the admincp (just to make sure) and the system was able to write a test file.

However, when you browse to an image on the "Manage Attachments" screen, its path appears in the little box, but once you hit upload, it disappears without actually uploading. It just seems to reset itself. There are no error messages.

Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by thegunowner149; Wed 30 Jun '04, 5:41pm. Reason: Spelling
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You are using attachments in the file system, right? Note, this option doesn't work with servers running in safe mode.

In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• thegunowner149
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You are using attachments in the file system, right? Note, this option doesn't work with servers running in safe mode.

In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
      Yes, attachments are using the file system. I enabled that setting as requested. My forums url is forums.livingwithstyle.com

You can also use this: http://livingwithstyle.com/phpinfo.php

Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at /home/lws/attachments

I thank you kindly for your assistance.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I don't see anything in phpinfo that would cause this. Have you checked the attachment queue to see if they are in there?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• thegunowner149
          • Feb 2004

I don't see anything in phpinfo that would cause this. Have you checked the attachment queue to see if they are in there?
          When you say attachment queue, I assume you mean moderation queue? None of my attachments are moderated. Or am I misunderstanding?

When you try to attach an attachment, it just seems to reset itself. I can create you a test account so you can see for yourself if you wish.

Thank you for your continuing assistance.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or ph
            pinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP (or preferably telnet/SSH.) If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• thegunowner149
              • Feb 2004

Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or ph
              pinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP (or preferably telnet/SSH.) If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
              Will do, thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...