Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahmedation
    • Mar 2003

How do i fix this ..?

i just moved the forum to a new server ...

now when i try to upload anything it gives me this error..

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/fares166/public_html/uaeforumfiles/e7a0c68d411da6c3cbc0661f7a128b8b) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/fares166:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home2/fares166/public_html/vb/includes/functions_file.php on line 214

Warning: filesize(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/fares166/public_html/uaeforumfiles/e7a0c68d411da6c3cbc0661f7a128b8b) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home2/fares166:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home2/fares166/public_html/vb/includes/functions_file.php on line 226

i have vb.3.0.1
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You need to create a directory, chmod it to 777, and then set the "Safe Mode Upload Directory" option in the control panel to point to that directory. You will need the full directory path to it.

If you don't know what the full path is, go to .../admin/index.php?action=phpinfo and search for "DOCUMENT_ROOT". The value there will be the path on your server yourdomain.com/. You can then set the path to the upload directory based on that.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ahmedation
      • Mar 2003

Done ...

but now whenver i upload anything it gives me this error :
      File system directory is not writable.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

The problem is most likely the safe mode path you entered. What did you enter for this?

Also, in the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ahmedation
          • Mar 2003

still the same ..

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Please provide the safe mode path you entered. I will need this in order to troubleshoot this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ahmedation
              • Mar 2003

/home2/fares166/public_html/uaeforumfiles

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Don't put this directory in your public_html folder. Place it in you main login directory and name it 'tmp'. Then chmod this directory to 777 and use this for the safe mode:

/home2/fares166/tmp

Of course, make sure that safe mode in turned on as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ahmedation
                  • Mar 2003

worked :-)

Thanks alot for your support really appricate it..

the wired things is that i have this in public_html folder for more then a year ...

but coz i just moved the forum to a new server it's not working ..

Comment

• ahmedation
                    • Mar 2003

there's some ppl who still gets this error :

File system directory is not writable.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

I can't imagine why they would get this. Tell them to empty their browser cache.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• ahmedation
                        • Mar 2003

he did everything still not working .. alos other members are facing the same problem too ..

he registered again in the forum .. now it'[s working fine with him with the new nick not the old one.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Try logging in as one of these members to see if you can duplicate this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...