X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doubleclick
    • Jun 2004

functionality losses with conversion

Hello-

The more I look into vBulletin, the better it looks.

I am pretty sure I want to convert one of the forums I administer to vBulletin. However, as all conversions go, I'm sure I'll lose something. Just don't know what. Would someone on the vBulletin team mind looking at the site and telling me what will be lost? And further, which of those losses could be manually replaced?

I imagine I can't post the URL here, but maybe I could PM someone from the vBulletin team with it.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What BB system are you using? Did you check the Import Status thread in the Imports forum to see if it is listed?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• doubleclick
      • Jun 2004

yabbse. It's listed, and I read several threads discussion the transfer.

From what I gather, each import is different. Some people had trouble in one area, others had trouble in another. Since all forums are customizable, each one will have different import challenges. That is why I was hoping someone who knows vbulletin inside and out could give the forum I'm considering converting a look.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

What forum are you converting from?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Here is the status of that importer:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• doubleclick
            • Jun 2004

I get it, Steve. You don't want to look at it.

I read the sheet you gave before I posted my request. That sheet contains nebulous phrases like "basic information", "majority of exsisting (sic) profile" and "nearly all post information".

I assumed that these qualifiers were because each forum is unique. That is why I wanted someone who knows vbulletin very well to look at my specific form and tell me what parts of my board are not "basic" "majority" and "nearly all". I was hoping that this part of the forum was for helping people understand the transition to vbulletin beyond the existing documentation.

Guess I'll just have to be surprised.

Zachery - I am currently on yabbse 1.5.5
            Last edited by doubleclick; Tue 15 Jun '04, 3:43am.

Comment

• Odysseus
              • May 2001

I suppose that "nearly all" / "majority" / etc. means, that all contents will be imported, but such information like "This thread has been closed by XYZ at 05/18/2004 18:00" won't.

But I'm not sure about this.

Comment

• doubleclick
                • Jun 2004

Thanks Odysseus!

I'm going to give it try and see what happens.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...