How do i remove "calander" and "new posts" from the navbar?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psoexplorer
    • Aug 2003

How do i remove "calander" and "new posts" from the navbar?

Question in title
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

Open the navbar template and remove the appropiate code.

Comment

• psoexplorer
      • Aug 2003

I'm in there, but I cant find the calander - that's why I posted

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Goto the Admin Control Panel > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Expand the template groups for the style you want to edit and find the 'navbar' template.

Open the navbar template, find this code and delete it:

Code:
        <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="calendar.php?$session[sessionurl]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>
        Save the navbar template.

On next reload of your forum pages you will notice the 'calendar' link has disappeared.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Goto the Admin Control Panel > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Expand the template groups for the style you want to edit and find the 'navbar' template.

Open the navbar template, find this code and delete it:

Code:
          	<if condition="$show['member']">
          	<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
          	<else />
          	<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
          	</if>
          Still in the navbar template, find and delete this code:

Code:
          	<if condition="$show['member']">
          	<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
          	<else />
          	<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
          	</if>
          Save the navbar template.

On next reload of your forum pages you will notice the 'new posts' (when logged in) or 'todays posts' (when logged out) won't show no more, regardless if your browser supports the popup or not.

Comment

• NYI Fan
            • Jul 2001

Floris, I know this is an old post by you but it saved me from more bumps on my head from banging it against the desk I was trying to do this earlier and was getting parse errors which I couldn't nail down. Decided to search here instead of making myself crazier, found your post, and all is right with the world again

THANK YOU!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...