Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cyricx
    • May 2003

Poll bars extending after upgrade

Upgraded the site to 3.0.1 from 3.0 gold.

Now I have an issue with the polls, the bars are going way way across the screen, even when there is only 1 or 2 votes.

Take this poll for example:

It's the one I have the attached screenshot of. The votes range from 1 to 5, yet the bars go ALL the way across the screen.

I already tried backing up the poll images, put back in the poll images before the upgrade, no change. Got a copy of some from a friend that also runs vb3.0.1 and still no change.

Any ideas?

Attached is a screenshot of what the polls look like after a vote.

I haven't made ANY modifications to the poll.php either
    Attached Files
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Have you tried reverting your templates?

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Cyricx
        • May 2003

Sorry for the delayed reply, been hectic with work over here.

Created a new style with no parent (currently all my other styles are under the same parent style).

The test style still had the poll issue however.

So it would seem it isn't a template issue?

I do an excellent job of commenting all the code I add in, and the poll.php has not been modified at all. I've also grabbed the fresh one from the zip to verify and still no change when uploading a fresh one from the zip.

Comment

• Martyjp
          • Jun 2001

Same problem here, only I didnt upgrade, only thing that has changed is php has been updated to 4.3.7 and I am still using RC4

Comment

• Martyjp
            • Jun 2001

Dont know if its related but vb seems to be displaying server load differently as well, would previously show as 0.99 1.18 1.26 almost had a heartattack when i saw this (again only happend since upgrading php)
            Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

GoF, Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Martyjp, you need to upgrade to vB 3.0.1 to get support. We are no longer providing support to pre-release versions of the software.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Martyjp
                • Jun 2001

the easiest thing to do was just to recompile apache with php ver 4.3.4 and hey presto problem solved

But only had this problem on my hacked board and not clean dev 3.0.1 on the server which points to it being a hack somewhere :/
                Last edited by Martyjp; Thu 10 Jun '04, 10:33am.

Comment

• Cyricx
                  • May 2003

I use vbadvanced, later tonight when the board has slowed down, I'll shut it down and try uninstalling vbadvanced and see if the problem corrects itself.

I have made a few slight modifications to the templates you suggest. But when I created the new style and tested with it, it used all new base unaltered templates and still had the problem.

I'll try uninstalling vbadvanced tonight before I submit a ticket.

Martyjp, did you use vbadvanced cmps on the board that had the issue?

Comment

• Martyjp
                    • Jun 2001

No, I use vBindex

Comment

• Cyricx
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      GoF, Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates? If not, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks or added code, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.

Martyjp, you need to upgrade to vB 3.0.1 to get support. We are no longer providing support to pre-release versions of the software.
                      If I'm reading this wrong I apologize, but what I'm reading here is that even though the poll.php, none of the poll templates and of the headinclude, header, and phpinclude. THe header has only been modified so that clickin on the titleimage takes you to the "portal" page, and the only additions to the phpinclude are duplicates of this line

Code:
                      if ($forumid == 31) { 
                        $vboptions['enablecensor'] = 0; 
                      }
                      to disable the censor for certain forums.

That you guys will not come check out and try to help me trouble shoot what is going on unless I completely revert the entire board back to scratch???

Even though I've uploaded a poll.php straight from the zip, and even tried making a test style using fresh un-editted templates and I still had the issue?

Not trying to sound super irratated but...

If your not willing to come by unless I revert everything, then can you at least tell me what files, database tables, and templates would affect the bug I'm seeing? Because I'm not to hip on the idea of taking 2 or 3 days to unhack, and rehack the entire board which would no doubt upset my users quite a bit.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

Since I cannot duplicate this problem on an unhacked vB test forum, it stands to reason that one or more of the changes you made are responsible for this. Since you already said you followed my advice and tried with the default templates, the only thing left is the files. Sorry but I have no idea what file changes may have caused this.

If you do not want to try restoring the original vB files, then maybe you can install a test forum with all the default files and templates. If you can duplicate the problem with that, then fill out a support ticket. If not, then one of your hacks is causing this problem and the place to get help with this is at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Cyricx
                          • May 2003

Welp, I just backed up my full forum files, deleted allthe files within the forum directory (except the config.php), and uploaded the fresh files from a fresh zip I just downloaded.

And...

The problem still exists, even created a new poll to make sure it just wasn't affecting old ones.

So, the problem isn't in the files or templates.

Comment

• Cyricx
                            • May 2003

Well for the meantime, I hacked a fix.

In poll.php and showthread.php changed this
                            Code:
                            			$option['percent'] = vb_number_format(($option['votes'] / $pollinfo['numbervotes']) * 100, 2);
                            to this
                            Code:
                            			$option['percent'] = vb_number_format(($option['votes'] / $pollinfo['numbervotes']) * 1, 2);
                            Last edited by Cyricx; Fri 11 Jun '04, 6:40am.

Comment

• accyroy
                              • Nov 2003

If it helps anyone, I have just had exactly the same happen on Gold 3.0.0 - polls have extended and server loads are double figures (real server loads <0.2). This happened after upgrading CPanel to the latest Release version yesterday.
                              Accrington
                              Land Rover Forum
                              PLC Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...